BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently replaced my older Zumo 550 with a new Zumo 660 GPS unit. Liked the unit but the screen washed out in sunlight. Looked around and researched a number of sun screens available for the 660. Purchase the Tourtatech sunscreen and it really made a difference.

The Touratech Sunscreen is made of grey plastic and it is secured by double stick tape. It looks like a quality part and it was reasonably priced.

The only downside with the screen is that the GPS unit does not fit in its case when you take the unit off the bike. I can insert it into the case, but I can not zip it close - but I can live with that as I can now see the screen in sunlight.

Just thought I would give some feedback to the list.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kellenbenz said:
I have this one on my 660 and really like it. It is rigid and doesn't sag....great quality.

http://www.priushood.com/gazu660665su.html

Ron

Ron:

I like your sun screen as well. It gives more coverage than mine. Its similar to something I had on my old Street Pilot but that one was soft material and not hard like the one you reference.

Thanks for the info.

Hanshi

·
Registered
290 Posts
I made one out of sheet aluminum and it turned out very nice. I uploaded five pictures, but evidently a mod has to review and approve them before I can post them (?). Sorry.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Knife said:
I uploaded five pictures, but evidently a mod has to review and approve them before I can post them (?)
Open a free Photobucket.com account, upload them there, then link to them.. works really well, its what a lot of us use for pics.. No approvals req'd. ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Glarestomper sells for only $18. shipped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts