BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an older Garmin Nuvii GPS, not sure what year or model. Here is the problem: lets say I am looking for smithurst st. Before I can type smithurst (by the time I type smit) it will go to smith st. automatically. Can I fix this?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
My experience with several Garmins is.... it should find all streets that start with the letters you've typed once you've got a couple in there... as long as you've got the right "suburb or town" which normally has to be entered first.....this is one of my main gripes with the Garmin way of searching!
I often find that in city areas I may know the street name OK, but I might not quite have the suburb right, ie, may have the one next to it that it borders... based on whatever info I have. If the suburb isn't right, it can't find the street name.
Then have to "Google" the address to find the right suburb... usually works then.
System is a little flawed, and only as good as the latest map updates.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have an older Garmin Nuvii GPS, not sure what year or model. Here is the problem: lets say I am looking for smithurst st. Before I can type smithurst (by the time I type smit) it will go to smith st. automatically. Can I fix this?
Are you starting with the correct zip code? This will change the search algorithm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts