BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a low mileage '09 LT and I'm still getting familiar w/ the options, features, you name it... It was purchased from a dealer who knows nothing about the bike's features. Wondering if you guys can shed a little light on the factory GPS systems offered that year. I have what appears to be a mount for a GPS siting on top, in the center above, or forward of the radio controls w/ a couple of cables routed up through what used to be a small roundel emblem. Is this a stock location or configuration? What where the OEM units offered? I would like to pick up a unit to mount to this - just trying to determine what I need to look for... Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Oh! Finally I found someone playing at the same ball park.
I guess we have identical machines by one year. So my answer is a Navi iv. First let me tell you it is my first and only experience with a navigational instrument. But I was researching it even before I purchased my bike, and yes there are many others on the market. But the mount was designed for GARMIN NAVI IV. The dealer installed mine so I can't help you there.
Two features really stand out aside from the directions which they all do.
1. Its portability easy to detach and take with and use in other modes of travel.
2. Bells and whistles are you ready for this: bluetooth, phone book, gas mileage, reserve, BMW dealerships, storage for music and personal routes a locking security code . . . you better stop me else I will go all night.
Research it and let's see what others have to say.
ride safe :bmw:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts