BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at this motorcycle GPS on eBay.

( eBay motorcycle GPS, waterproof )

4.3"TFT Touch Screen Waterproof Bluetooth Motorcycle GPS Navigator 4GB Flash+Map

$140.00 it might be a knock off of a tom-tom rider. I wonder if anybody has had any experience with these. My last tom-tom rider to lasted about five or six years. And it was much more expensive. This one comes from China, but I'll bet most of them are made in China these days. I wouldn't be surprised if it was made at the same factory. I use one only once or twice a year and I am not inclined to spend over $500 for a new one.
The tom-tom rider died on me last year in the middle of a trip out west, along with my fuel gauge. The rest of the trip was maps and trip meter.

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
I have bought 5 or 6 I-Way 500's off e-bay. I only had trouble on one of them. It sold for like 7 dollars, the dude told me someone stole it :wack:, so he did't have it to ship.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Setting Up A Chinavasion Rage GPS

Another site I belong to has a resident fan of these GPS devices, his user name is Uncle Phil. The thread I linked to has a lot of information on the devices. I considered it briefly but decided it was more effort to make it work than I was willing to put into operating a GPS.

Gerhard
The trip I will be using the GPS for is from the North Shore of MA to Asheville NC, off highway. I am going to follow a route that roughly follows the Appalachian trail, I will just use it to expedite finding a route on a map and from a publication on the route. I will be riding my 1975 Norton Commando, the GPS will be kind of a backup.
Do you have the information links you mentioned? I would like to check them out.

Thanks,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts