BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
I thought I posted this an hour or so ago, but must have hit the cancel button.
I'm looking to mount a Garmin StreetPilot111 on a BMW K1200LT SE in the neatest way possible. I'd prefer it on the left bar, so as not to obscure the warning lights Etc.
I've been looking at the nifty Ram Ball mounts, and in particular, the one that replaces the clutch master cylinder cover. I spoke to the UK importer of Ram kit, and he states it's a re-manufactured part, and prefers not to stock it. Has anybody had trouble with these? or maybe the unused mirror mount on the left bar?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Malki

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
This isn't your answer but I just installed the BMR shelf and really like it. It shades(doesn't cover up anything) the speedo, etc. and has the GPS right up front. Very clean.

Benton

·
Registered
33 Posts
I purchased a clutch cover/ball mount from Raffy and I'm very satisfied with it. The machining is equal to the original unit.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hallo Malki,

I did it also different. My mount for the Quest goes through the hole for the maplight.
This mount was originally designed for the street pilot. Also this is a very clean setup and does not cover any other functional unit. Furthermore the protection is best.

See there: http://www.bmwlt.com/gallery/browseimages.php?c=25&userid=

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Why not get the stock BMW factory mount for the SPIII (Navigator I)? It's probably the cleanest setup out there, and won't block the guages or dash lights.

On my 05 I'm using a Motolocker, which locks the GPS (and my radar detector) onto the bike, requiring a key for removal. I really like te added security of this option, and it also doesn't block the dash.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just got this installation instruction guide. It keeps the unit up front rather than higher and over the bars like some I have seen.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Malki:

I use the ram mount that fits into the extra mirror hole location on the right handlebar.

Very nice and easy to read.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Try Touratech. I have their lockable cradle and a cranked bar which fits in the hole for mirrors on the switch bodies.
Terry

·
Registered
8 Posts
I saw DavidTaylor's post about using the stock cradle. I have a 2730 and would like to use the existing hole in the bike to mount the gps.
I've spent a few hours looking in the usual places, but haven't had a lot of luck.
Can anybody point me in the right direction or just tell me how to set my gps up by using the mount area on the bike?
Thanks, Larry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts