BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm removing my BMW Navigator to replace it with my Garmin 2610. Other than the BMR shelf, are there any options similar? I don't like the Ram mounts, I want it in the middle.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Deacon, can you be more specific as to where it is, or which section to look in?

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,601 Posts
BMW should still carry the older mount for their first generation GPS units. This is a bracket that went through the map light socket. I am at work so I do not have a picture of the mount.

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,601 Posts
Here are a couple of pictures of the BMW mount. The mount is different from the SPIII mount that I had. I had to install longer screws for the bracket. the actual mount came from BMW, where the "bracket" for the 2610 came from Garmin (motorcycle kit).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
made my own cost $30.00

Attachments

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I just drew it up on cardboard using the gps for size then folded it up after I was happy I just took it to a metal fabricator who bent it up in 3mm aluminium charged me $25.00 i got 3 rubber nuts from fastener shop and there you go just wired it to the map light as per all the great sugestions from this site

Attachments

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
yep that dam reflection has been irritating me for years and it was worse after the tinted screen went on alls good now :D

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Touratech
Gets it right up in front of you

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts