BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity, has anyone installed a Garmin 590 onto the same bracket where their original Nav III was mounted? The 590 seems like it weights a lot more than the Nav III, and I'm not sure the tupperware may be up to the task without breaking. Thanks! :bmw:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Here's an installation of an automotive Garmin Nuvi 200 that I did a few years ago using a BMW mount combined with parts from the Nuvi mount.
Works good......lasts long time.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's an installation of an automotive Garmin Nuvi 200 that I did a few years ago using a BMW mount combined with parts from the Nuvi mount.
Works good......lasts long time.
Hi Rand,

That's a clean installation of the Nuvi 200. Your reply prompted me to compare the weight of the old Nav III & mount (518 grams) to the new Garmin 590LM & mount (475 grams). Your Nuvi 200 only weights 172.5 grams (I have one in my car). I'm now comfortable with mounting the 590 where the Nav III was. Thanks!! :bmw:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too like your setup. I have a 2005 with the navII support mounted on the stingray. Did you have to do any drilling Rhawk?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have a 590LM mounted on the original BMW mount. You will need to add spacers about 1/2 long because the 590LM dock isn't flat.

Reactions: JNW003
1 - 5 of 5 Posts