BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A question for all you TECHNO WIZARDS out there.
I treated myself to a new VERIZON DROID RAZOR for Fathers Day. It replaced my old DROID. With the old phone I was able to pair it successfully with my Garmin 2820, including loading my directory into the 2820's data base, which in turn was hard wired into the LT's COM System. This of course gave me full phone capability through my wired helmet head set including either placing or answering calls through the use of the touch screen on the Garmin. Much to my disappointment I have not been able to achieve the same success with my new RAZOR. I have two 2820's and have the same result with both. I can achieve an indication on both the phone and the GPS that the phone is PAIRED with the 2820 but it will not transfer the directory from the phone, the message on the Garmin says "PHONE DIRECTORY UNAVAILABLE". Neither will it allow me to answer an incoming call using the touch screen on the GPS. The GARMIN gives me a message that I need to install a microphone before touching "ANSWER" so it no longer recognizes that it's connected to my headset through the COM System.So, anybody have any ideas on what the problem might be and/or how I can fix it? I'm guessing it might be something like an incompatibility between an old and a new version of Bluetooth software but that's only a WAG.
It's certainly not critical that I have this capability as it was not something that I used very much anyway even when it did work with my old phone. It's just that it bugs me that it's something that I used to have available and now I don't.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,534 Posts
Not sure if this will help as I have never done any of that, it worked for an issue I had with my Zumo 660.

I was changing what was displayed on my screen and I could never get it to go back where I had the speed displayed where I wanted it. Finall hit the "restore defaults" button and there it was. Maybe you just need to get it back to original settings and then start over on the phone pairing.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Had the same results with my droid to Razer upgrade. Get calls while sitting still but the noise that the other person hears as soon as I start moving kills everything.

I am sure it is electrical noise from the engine but can't find a way around it. Someone very smart on this board pointed out that I am on a motorcycle and maybe I should just shut the phone off and ride.

Good advice...

I leave my phone on and just look at the screen when a call comes in. If it is important I just pull over and call them back.

I never could get my Razer to pair with my 2820. I went to the zumo 665 instead.

·
Registered
248 Posts
kevincaron said:
I am sure it is electrical noise from the engine but can't find a way around it.
I had a line noise in my Pioneer Inno XM radio and fixed it by using a noise filter from Crutchfield.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts