BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 2005 LT back from the dealer after getting service done during winter storage there. When I turned on my GPS it does not work. I looks at the battey connection and there is only one wire on the negative terminal and 2 wires on the positive terminal.
I am thinking there were 3 wires on the positive terminal before but cannot remembers. Can someone anser this for me. I would hate to have to remove thet tupperware to fix this. I had a look and cannot see any leads in site there.

Attachments

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,350 Posts
Yes at least three large red wires on the 05 plus a black wire but the eyelet has a red sleeve (this feeds the reverser controller).

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, now if someone had a picture of the battery hookup that I can take when I go back to the dealer that would be great.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
How about looking around in there and see if there is an extra wire with a loop fitting on it. Probably slipped out of sight. Easy to hook up.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I did have a look in there a couple of times without any luck.
It was in and having a 20,000 kms service done so the tupperware was all removed. I have talked with the service manager at the dealer and he has told me to bring it in and they will check it out. I plan on doing that in the near future.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Sounds like you're working with a good shop. :thumb:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took the bike back to the dealer and while there had the radio reinstalled.
I had them take out the radio during service to send it away to get repaired.
It turns out the GPS is powered through the radio circuit.
So all it working great again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts