BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
Don't know if thats photoshopped or a publicity stunt, but thats actually the helicopter pad and its windy as hell up there. They are building an island out of sand (shapped as a palm?) for a community.

Wise man, built his house...on sand? :rolleyes:

Interesting picture none the less.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
710 Posts
Nope that's the real deal with Andre Agassi and Roger Federer. They are at the Burj-al-Arab hotel in Dubai. I would probably lean towards the publicity stunt angle as there is no mention of that tennis court in the leisure facilities listing for the hotel. Either that or it is only for their VIP guests.

Here is a link to the hotels website:

http://www.burj-al-arab.com/tennis/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jwd98056 said:
Nope that's the real deal with Andre Agassi and Roger Federer. They are at the Burj-al-Arab hotel in Dubai. I would probably lean towards the publicity stunt angle as there is no mention of that tennis court in the leisure facilities listing for the hotel. Either that or it is only for their VIP guests.

Here is a link to the hotels website:

http://www.burj-al-arab.com/tennis/
Yup, Snopes article sez it wuz marketing hype or sumpthin' along those lines. Prior to those two hitting the fuzzy balls, Tiger Woods wuz up there hitting the dimpled ones. I think they can modify the surface like arenas do for whatever sport is next in line.

I'da still throw'd up!! :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
If you stop and think about the wind at that height, it is easy to see that some had good photoshop skills.

Looking at the layout, it is clear it is a heliport pad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
No is definately the real deal. I remember something about this early last on BBC and they were interviewing the tennis players.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,797 Posts
Dick said:
... Prior to those two hitting the fuzzy balls, Tiger Woods wuz up there hitting the dimpled ones. I think they can modify the surface like arenas do for whatever sport is next in line...
Cool. Let's turn it into a mini football field, take our favorite politician up there to run a pass play, and watch what happens:

"Go deep!"

Repeat as necessary.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
408 Posts
Is it me or my computer

Dick said:
At first blush, this looked photoshopped, butt then Snopes sez it's ok.

Sheeesh, I'da throwed up!! :eek:
When I try to view the attachment it comes up as code not as a picture. The extension on it is.doc which opens in office. Did a setting on my computer get changed by accident. I had someone send me attached photos to their e-mail the other day and they came up as code as well.

I have just started having this problem after I loaded Office 2000. Did I do something wrong? How can I correct it?

TIA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
airborneod said:
When I try to view the attachment it comes up as code not as a picture. The extension on it is.doc which opens in office. Did a setting on my computer get changed by accident. I had someone send me attached photos to their e-mail the other day and they came up as code as well.

I have just started having this problem after I loaded Office 2000. Did I do something wrong? How can I correct it?

TIA
David, and Roy - sorry I can't answer the .doc question; I'm not savvy on this 'puter stuff. I've got Word, so maybe that's the problem - it works for me tho.

Lissen - if you wanna see the pics, SNOPES has them on their site. Click here and see 'em --- I hope!!

Maybe one of the 'puter gurus can help out on the .doc thangie.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top