BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my seat back from Rick Mayer and Man, does it look good!! Can't wait to get a chance to ride it now! Just a little cold to do it today here in IL, -7F this morning and not supposed to get warmer than the single digits this weekend. :(

The work on the seat looks great! Everything went very smoothly on getting it done as well! Would highly recommend anyone thinking of getting theirs done to consider Rick!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi, I just sent my seat to Rick to have it rebuilt. Can you tell me how long your seat was gone? Just wondering what the turn around time is.

Thanks
Rodger

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine was gone from the end of Nov till just this past week. Of course there was the holidays in there to slow things down a little. He also is going to several shows across the country too that may slow things down.

Don't have any pics yet, but as soon as I do, I'll try and figure out how to post them so that you can see.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
^5 on the purchase!

You're going to love it. THE best farkle I did on my scooter.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
jroadhouse said:
Hey Dave and Brian . . . did you have Rick do new passenger seat as well?
Yes, just for aesthetics, so it would all match from my perspective - but my wife says it is more comfortable. I did a ride in to get the seat made, but brought a picture of my wife on the back for him to contour it.

As far as comfort - I did an SS1000 after I got the seat, and felt like I was cheating almost!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I had both seats done. Girlfriend had been having problems with the stock seat as well. Besides, I did want them to match even if she had liked the way that it had been stock. Also had him do the passenger backrest as well. He doesn't change the foam on that one, but does recover it to match the rest of the seat. That cost an additional $70, but worth it!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks, Dave and Brian. Seems the way to go is to have both rider and passenger done at the same time, both for aesthetics and comfort. Backrest too. I appreciate your feedback!

John

·
Registered
321 Posts
Two questions:
1) Did you try to change anything in regards to how you fit on the bike? (I can't remember if you can with the Mayer..) I'm 6'5" and would like to get more leg room. (Reduce the seatback cushion.)
2) What year is your LT. My seat is OK w/ the beadrider. But, if I can make it better??? Thought older LTs (like my 04) possibly had a more comfortable seats.
Thanks,
Jeff

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
My seats from Rick came in on Saturday and I immediately mounted them on the bike. They were ordered on the October special, all 3 pieces.
I will test this morning on my way to work and verify that the heating elements are functional as well. The passenger seat will be tested when we have a clearing in the rain.
The seats look awesome! I hope the rider seat fits me and solve the pain in the rear thighs problem.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Rick Mayer Seat

I sent my seat to Rick on November 2nd and I got it back in 10 days. It is to cold where I'm at to drive it but it looks great.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
justlookin said:
Two questions:
1) Did you try to change anything in regards to how you fit on the bike? (I can't remember if you can with the Mayer..) I'm 6'5" and would like to get more leg room. (Reduce the seatback cushion.)
2) What year is your LT. My seat is OK w/ the beadrider. But, if I can make it better??? Thought older LTs (like my 04) possibly had a more comfortable seats.
Thanks,
Jeff

I told them over the phone what issues that I had with the seat that I thought that they may be able to do something for, arms too short, hip pain from sciatic nerve, etc. They would have done things a little differently if I hadn't talked to them about those issues.

My bike is a 2001 and the stock seat was just painful to sit on for more than an hour at a time, lots of Advil on my 10 day, 4000 mile trip last summer! I tried the beaded seat cover when I was driving for a living and that turned into almost instant hemorroids within a week:(!! I'll never do those things again!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts