BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flew to Louisville, KY Monday morning from Toronto.

Climbed onto a 2011 RT for my very first test ride. Rode one block up onto the highway and was off on my way back to Toronto. Yep, I bought the bike without even test riding one.;)

The bike I bought came with a regular seat so I was on my toes all the way home. I have a BMW Comfort seat which I am going to instal.

Rode for 6 hours in the hot sun !! There is so much coverage that my new BMW System 6 flip up helmet is not going to serve me. I rode with the flip up, up, all the way home.
Time to buy an open-face helmet.

At hour 6 I hit the worst storm I have ever been in. The bike was flawless. Handled the rain and any ruts on the road with not even a wiggle. I was amazed.

I just love the ESA, adjustable windshield and the cruise control.

Going to add some bar backs, crash protection for cylinders and my GPS.

Love it so far !

·
Registered
127 Posts
Gregpinch said:
Flew to Louisville, KY Monday morning from Toronto.

Climbed onto a 2011 RT for my very first test ride. Rode one block up onto the highway and was off on my way back to Toronto. Yep, I bought the bike without even test riding one.;)

The bike I bought came with a regular seat so I was on my toes all the way home. I have a BMW Comfort seat which I am going to instal.

Rode for 6 hours in the hot sun !! There is so much coverage that my new BMW System 6 flip up helmet is not going to serve me. I rode with the flip up, up, all the way home.
Time to buy an open-face helmet.

At hour 6 I hit the worst storm I have ever been in. The bike was flawless. Handled the rain and any ruts on the road with not even a wiggle. I was amazed.

I just love the ESA, adjustable windshield and the cruise control.

Going to add some bar backs, crash protection for cylinders and my GPS.

Love it so far !
Congrats.

Do you know what tires your RT came with? My 2011 RT came with BT021, and I was not happy with the way that the bike handled in the rain. You saying that the bike was flawless in the rainstorm made me wonder whether your bike came with something other than BT021's?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Congrats on the new bike, Good luck!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just had a look at the bike and yes it has the BT021.

It was a downpour for an hour and a half of riding.
I found the tires worked well.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Congratulations on the new member of your family. You are going to love this machine !

:worthless

·
Registered
100 Posts
Good luck with your new ride. You got a great color too! Too hot to ride today in Michigan.

·
Registered
241 Posts
skydiver said:
I got Conti Road Attacks on mine in 2010, guess it is whatever they get the best price on.
I thought the dealers put the tires on the bike when it shows up in the crate? :confused:

If that's the case, the bike probably just gets whatever the dealer wants to install.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Kornholio said:
I thought the dealers put the tires on the bike when it shows up in the crate? :confused:

If that's the case, the bike probably just gets whatever the dealer wants to install.
The dealer does some of the assembly, but tire mounting is not part of their assembly process.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I put Michilen PR3's on my '06 R12 several months ago. Got in some of the heaviest rain I have been in last week-end and felt very comfortable as far as the rain and road was concerned. I bought a Nolan 104 helmet before my trip and my head stayed perfectly dry. Paper the next morning said it rained 6" in an hour where I was.
Congrats on your purchase.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Gregpinch said:
Still with helmet "flipped up?"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts