BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Call - Order's Officially In!!!

Just got off the phone with Jane from BMW and she verified all of my personal info. My order for my gray (police bike) GT is officially in! :dance:

I told her I'd been anxiously awaiting the call since I placed the order, and she told me she has something like 350 orders to work her way through. :bmw:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Re: Got my Call - Order's Officially In!!!

What did they ask? Did they offer you any additional options to add/change like the seat adding a rear trunk aux lights. I know that the trunk and lights are part of the GTL package. I would also like to order a GT but would like a trunk, something not in the pre-order package. Did they confirm a delivery date???

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

FairfaxPoker said:
What did they ask?
Just confirmed the spelling of my name, and asked me to read back my address.

Did they offer you any additional options to add/change like the seat adding a rear trunk aux lights.
Nope, nothing else was offered as an option, still no timing or even a date for firm pricing.

Did they confirm a delivery date???
Nope, no confirmation on timing for delivery or even offical pricing.

I told her that we had been discussing the pricing delta between the GT and GTL on the forums and there were some theories that the bikes would be priced very close to each other (fully loaded). I told her if that was, in fact, the case I might want to change my order to a GTL. She said if I did that I'd lose my place in line for the GT and move to the back of the line for the GTL. While I'm not crazy about losing my place (she said I'm near the front right now) I would rather wait a little longer for the GTL if it's truly that close in price.

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts

Just got my Call @ 8:15PM. Just confirming my info was right. :cool:

·
Registered
519 Posts

katnapinn said:
Just got my Call @ 8:15PM. Just confirming my info was right. :cool:
Question for you and Raaze12,

Do you know what day/date your dealer submitted your pre-sale form? The BMW rep I spoke to at the Long Beach show said that the system opened on Friday, Dec 17th for pre-sales. My lazy-arse dealer didn't place my pre-order until I called him on Saturday the 18th after leaving the show. While I'm #1 on his list (since putting a deposit in back in July) I have no doubt I'm down the list because of my dealer.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

MrBreeze said:

Do you know what day/date your dealer submitted your pre-sale form? The BMW rep I spoke to at the Long Beach show said that the system opened on Friday, Dec 17th for pre-sales. My lazy-arse dealer didn't place my pre-order until I called him on Saturday the 18th after leaving the show. While I'm #1 on his list (since putting a deposit in back in July) I have no doubt I'm down the list because of my dealer.
I was at my dealer at lunch on Dec 17th, filled out the order form, and he faxed it in before I left. So probably faxed in at 12:30PM EST on 12/17/10.

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts

MrBreeze said:

Friday Morning (about 9:30 am). I was in the dealer on Thursday to drop off a bike & Gary made copies of my DL & I signed the order, He said it would go in first thing in the morning.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts

Does anybody really think that BMW doesn´t check this site various times of day.

All they are doing is making those of you who have paid a deposit think that things are moving and it won´t be long now !.

I bet even Berlin couldn´t quote a date, let alone a dealer a million miles away. In 3 or 4 weeks time they will call again asking how you plan to pay for it.

As long as they have everybody salivating, the meal can wait longer.

·
Registered
519 Posts

Got the call from Jane to validate the info. Whoo Hooo!!!! That just made my day. Still not happy with the lack on info on the process from my dealer, but feeling much better having confirmation of my order.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts

All these orders being "faxxed in". HuH?! :confused: Does BMW know what year this is?!?! :D :D :D

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

messenger13_ver2 said:
All these orders being "faxxed in". HuH?! :confused: Does BMW know what year this is?!?! :D :D :D
Gotta admit, I thought the same thing when he said they had to fax in my order... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
45 Posts

I got the call from Jane ten minutes ago confirming my GTL order that was placed on 12/17/10. She also requested my choice of a high or low seat. I stuck with the low seat because I usually ride with a thick sheepskin. She also graciously added that I was in the first fifty orders and would be getting one of the first produced. Jane was also going to ask her sources about options such as engine guards because of many inquires about those, and other options.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts

Yep, got a voice mail last night, just returned the call. Asked for a high seat, since the low one would make me look like I was on a Big Wheel. Now we get to hurry up and wait another 5 or 6 months! Frankly, the way delivery delays go, I'll be happy if they're delivered in time for CCR! ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts

Just called Jane back and confirmed my GTL order (with the high seat) with her. My dealer must have been on the ball as she commented I'm in the first batch. She refused to say I was in the first 30 ;)

Now it's sit and wait just like last year for the S1000RR.

·
Registered
45 Posts

Is there a high and low one piece seat for the GTL? Or if you opt for the high seat is it the same seat as the GT?

·
Registered
268 Posts

The stock GTL seat is a one piece 750 mm height seat. The no charge option of a high seat is at 780 mm. The GT has a 2 piece section seat and I think the high seat on the GTL would be around the same height as the stock GT seat.

·
Registered
45 Posts

So. The GTL high seat is a one piece and just as wide?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts