BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that football is over, my winter maintenance @48k is well underway. First valve adjustment for my LT and I am in need of the following buckets:

4 x 2.800
2 x 2.850

Any help out there?

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
That's quite a few buckets you need. I did mine last summer and have one 2.85 bucket available.

Reactions: smahon

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
let me check. i have ALOT of buckets

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
That's quite a few buckets you need. I did mine last summer and have one 2.85 bucket available.
Ya, 7 are actually out of spec (I can reuse one of those), 6 are at the minimum tolerance and only 3 are above the min tolerance. After replacing and moving a couple around, I'll have 4 min-spec valves, all on the intake, and she should be good for another 48k :bmw:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Now that football is over, my winter maintenance @48k is well underway. First valve adjustment for my LT and I am in need of the following buckets:

4 x 2.800
2 x 2.850

Any help out there?

ok, have a bunch of 2.80 and 2.85.. PM me the address. Give me a couple days I have to pull them off the old head.

Reactions: smahon

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, have a bunch of 2.80 and 2.85.. PM me the address. Give me a couple days I have to pull them off the old head.
Thanks Zeke! It never ceases to amaze me how the people of this site continue to pay it forward. It will keep these bikes going for a long time.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,922 Posts
I have traded my self into nothing but 2.90s over the years. But on a happier note none I have ever adjusted has ever needed it again even after 50 K since the last adjust.

Reactions: Patric
1 - 8 of 8 Posts