BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oops, sorry. Should be sorted now, changed the settings!

Simon

·
Registered
338 Posts
Great video--even if you did ride on the wrong side of the street. :)
What is the meaning of the jig-jag markings at the intersections ?

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Nice video. But dang! You folks seem to park on any side of the street as well as drive about anywhere you want. Dude almost killed you at 1:29. Holy crap!

Loren

·
Registered
335 Posts
Nice video - I am even now more anxious to get my LT out from under the cover and back on the road. The weather in Kentucky hasn't been very promising yet however.

Seeing all those foreign cars along the way makes me think that your fellow citizens are clearly un-American. But then, oh yeah, I guess that should be expected.

So, what are the joysticks mounted on top of your clutch and front brake reservoirs? Do you have video gaming on your LT, or what?

Thanks for the ride Simon.

Tips

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi guys,

The lines at the junctions are a warning not to park there

Sadly it's not my 356, although the Triumph TR6 is mine

the guy at 1.29 was talking on his cell phone (obviously more important that my life!)

the "joysticks" are actually RAM mounts.

Simon

·
Registered
189 Posts
When you're sitting upright, the image is not horizontal. I think the horizontality of your camera is altered by the fixation on the helmet. I think you can fix that easily.
Cheers

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, I realised that as soon as I saw it.
I'll have to use a slightly extended arm as the camera is hard up against the side of the helmet so won't sit upright.
Going on a run out this weekend so will take some more footage. I've got two cameras so will try various angles. It's such a shame the sound is so rubbish from these cameras. The new GOPro 2's (which I have) are equipped with a separate microphone socket. However, to use it, you need to take the camera out of it's protective case, and when you do that.....there's no way of mounting the camera!
Simon

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Have you tried the GoPro skeleton case Simon?
Has cutouts on the side to allow cable inserts.
I run power to mine all the time from a cigarette-plug USB outlet, which I'd wired to the map-light.
Alternate is just to buy a second case and drill a hole in it, then silicon it up if you need it watertight.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Other than the wrong side of the road, my question is can you park on the street in the residential areas where a car would have to scoot over the center line to get around? I saw that in a few different spots.
Also likes that the camera didn't pick up all the wind noise. Very nice.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I did a moto trip to New Zealand in 2009 and was very surprised at how easily we adapted to riding on the "wrong" side. Of course the handle bars were the same as in the States, not like the steering wheels of the cages.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts