BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,814 Posts
I was wondering if that was possible and/or advisable. Yikes. It sure obscures a lot of what we need to see. It's only a matter of time before someone rides a bike off a cliff or into a semi while watching the display.

Maybe if there was a HUD-type device that displayed on a single line across the very top or bottom of the visor.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Well as it stands here in Georgia it would be illegal in a car or on a motorcycle. As no cell phone is a true GPS and is using cellular DATA while a GPS in is receiving all it's data from an onboard map and positioning from GPS satellites.

Mobile phone "GPS" is currently against the law here as it uses cellular data but a standalone GPS is legal. It also takes the excuse away that "I wasn't texting, I was using the GPS." All it would take is to be stopped by one tech savvy officer (which is a lot more common than it used to be) and then you get a citation.

The only thing you can use your cell phone for legally in GA while driving is to make or receive a phone call.

But yeah it sure does occupy a lot of real estate in your line of sight.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I followed the link to the night time Google Glass demo also, and I think I probably would not have even done it after about 20 feet if I were that guy. If you only watched the above linked video, make sure to also watch his night time ride with glass and that thing is just crazy dangerous for what it would do to your night vision (or the resultant lack thereof). :eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rek-MeFgSUc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts