BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I use a radio shak talking digital gauge. It was a gift I received last Christmas from my MSF boss. I also have a Campbell Hausfield gauge. As far as acuracy, they both are close to each other and air gauge on my pump.

·
Registered
353 Posts
grifscoots said:
The $25 one with the tread gauge can be had at Target for 7 bucks. It's a good one.
Why would it be $25.00 if you can get it for $7.00 :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
805 Posts
BMW analog gauge with the rubber armor. Hose is plenty long, numbers and markings are very legible, gauge holds it's reading until you reset it, has a little button that will bleed air from the tire to reach the psi you want, stainless steel bezel, rubber armor provides protection from shock due to dropping it, handy little carrying case.

·
Premium Member
2,942 Posts
Newf said:
Why would it be $25.00 if you can get it for $7.00 :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Same as Roadgear. I went for Target offering. This is the only model that fits well on the stem with the LT's rotor configuration. :dance:

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
PMitchell said:
Same as Roadgear. I went for Target offering. This is the only model that fits well on the stem with the LT's rotor configuration. :dance:
ditto that, I bought the roadgear one for, yes, 25 dollars, it lasted three months before the non-replaceable battery died. Roadgear said they'd replace it if I could return it with my receipt...who the hell keeps a receipt for a friggin air gauge? Needless to say, I didn't get a replacement...

The Target version, in their automotive dept, is the exact same thing, you have to get the hang of placing it on the valve stem just right without losing air pressure though.

I do lust for one of those BMW analog ones with the long hose (does that mean I have gauge envy?). Saw one, want one!!! Wouldn't keep it in my lil' bag o' tools for the bike, too big and too fragile (and too pricey), but would love one for the garage.

P

·
Registered
718 Posts
I own three upper price range digital tire gages. One of them I bought from a BMW dealer... all three of them are different.

I own about 3 of the old fashion kind of tire gages that have been around forever. None of them read the same either.

I took all 6 of them, threw out the one that was way off, and averaged my reading and then I picked the one electronic that was closest in pressure to the average.

A man with two tire gages is like a man with two watches who never knows what time it is! Average a few gages and use the one that is closest to the average and go on with your life!

·
Enthusiast - KI6CDF
442 Posts
BMW Analog

I went through 3 or 4 electronic pieces of crap from China including the RoadGear tire gauge. I always wanted the BMW analog gauge but throught it cost too much. With the money I've spend on junk I could have bought 2 of the BMW analog gauges.

Accurate? Who knows - but I rely on it and don't have to worry about batteries wearing down or failing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts