BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '99 LT that I've had for almost 2 years now came to me as the Economy model. I have been adding 'farkles' from time to time as I come across them.

This afternoon while updating some computer software, I killed some time by going over and looking on eBay just to see what new LT things had come up in the ten days that I've been gone on the northern trip. I was surprised to see some things I'd been wanting to find for some time. A 'Set' of the driver and passenger Chrome side pieces along with pegs, controls and all mounting hardware. These are pretty hard to find in great condition and these seem to be just that. They didn't seem to be going up in price very much and so I waited until about a minute and a half before the bids were to close and punched in my bid. They are from the same place up in SE Pennsylvania and low and behold I got both sets for $202 including the $37 shipping. Can't believe these are with controls and brake micro switch and shifter linkage. All came from a 2001 LT with about 25k miles on the clock.

I think I got a great deal. What do you guys think?

·
Super Moderator
1,403 Posts
Alert - Alert - you stole these items or should I say the "early bird gets the worm". :eek:

That is an unbelievable deal and this is coming from a eBayer who watches this site and
others like a hawk!!

What I like is every once in a while you can get a deal on eBay which over the years has
become a place to sell stuff and bargins and real deals are harder to come by!!

And what torques me off is:
1. Sellers who advertise for free and have really over priced stuff that they are going to sit on.
2. eBay and PayPal combined fees that are over 13%.

Okay I got a little excited - rant off!! :eek:

Oh yeah great deal . . .

·
Registered
241 Posts
You scored BIG!!! Congrats! :thumb: They look like they're in awesome shape.

·
Registered
478 Posts
lolol consider your self luckey i was going to bid on those items but i had to work late
and missed the chance. you would of had to pay alot more. but i am glad you(a fellow bmwlt,er got them) they seemed to be in fantastic shape

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Tommy,
Great buy!! :)

I follow Ebay for farkles also and last year got a trunk rack for $50.00. Last week I noticed someone got a 2005 rear drive for $125.00.

There are deals there, like you were, be ready!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Looks like a good deal to me..!!
Though you do have to be careful, there is also a lot of junk being sold. I won't bid on items that don't have good clear pics. Lots of seller only put up one or two pics and conveniently leave out details that are important. don't ask how I know, lol.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
When I bought my HD in 86 the first words out of my mouth to the dealer was 'NO Chrome!"

When I looked at LT's I told the dealer NO Chrome.

Glad to see you found something you like.

I spent a couple of years looking for a replacemnt windshield arm; same for a replacement black dashboard insert.

With more parts showing up daily, prices should start heading down.

Best from tucson
Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts