BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Good news

3K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  Dan-A 
#1 · (Edited)
As some of you know, Patty has been looking for a new job since last year.

Well, the official press release will be out most probably on Monday. But the offer has been made and accepted.

Looks like the family will be moving (in two shifts) to South Lake Tahoe area.

She is the new executive officer for the Lahontan Regional Water Quality Control Board. Covers from Oregon border all the way down to Barstow area.

Not sure if we will live in CA or NV. They both have their advantages and disadvantages. if Nevada, most probably we will live in Minden or Gardnerville area. If California, it will be close to stateline.

I am proud of Patty.

#2 ·
Good on Patty, Raffy. Really glad to hear things are looking better for this year. Be exciting for the kids to make new friends and scope out new life experiences in a new environment. Keep us all in the loop as things progress - maybe start another HDDC in NV??

Best always, Raffy.

#6 ·
Congrats Patty.

Will you be able to transfer and keep your State position or retire ?

Mr Mom has become a popular job for many guys that have "Executive" spouses.

Keep in touch.

#7 ·
Hi Doug:

Trying to get PERS to calculate my retirement. There are some great properties in Gardnerville and Minden area at good prices. Most have 3-5 bedrooms and 4-6 car garages plus barn etc.

Patty's sister lives in Minden and her kids and my kids are close in age and get along well.

it will be a while before I move. Patty will go first then the two young ones.

Matt and I will stay behind so he can finish high school.

Either way, it will take time to sell the house here.

#9 ·
Raffy, Congrats to Patty! Just so you know, this is such great news that it was heard way down in the Philippines, where I am currently finishing up some remote site work! I see dirt Bikes for sure!

John

#12 ·
Wat to go Patty! She has sure paid her dues to the state of California.

Good luck with CALPERS, as far as I'm concerned, based on my experience with them, they are a bunch of worthless bastards, but YMMV... :D

Edee and I LOVE the Minden area, as the name of my business proclaims...

www.MindenComputer.com :D

Good luck with everything, sounds like you have a handle on things. Good for you for hanging around so Matt can graduate.

#14 ·
That is great news Raffy! Congrats to the exec of the family! ;)
Maybe a snowmobile is the cards for you! :D

#16 ·
Hey Raffy, I just got back from Indonesia and read this! Congratulations to you and Patty, I loved every minute of living in Lake Tahoe and think you will too. Let me know if you have any questions.
If you need the name of a realtor in the Minden/Gardnerville area one of my best friends is a broker up there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.