BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all the LTers going to CCR, good luck and safe riding. From what I've read it will be a blast. Next year I hope to bring a delegation from South Africa to join in the fun! :thumb:

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
birdman said:
To all the LTers going to CCR, good luck and safe riding. From what I've read it will be a blast. Next year I hope to bring a delegation from South Africa to join in the fun! :thumb:
Wow, Allen - that'd be grrrrrrreat. We have a history of CCR attendees coming from other parts of the planet. I think Victor (vvk) up in Amsterdam might have been one of the early ones, and he came to two in a row. We've had a coupla Aussies attend, as well as several Canadians, as well as one from Portugal; and this year, the travelin' Finns (Ari & Youko) along with some more Canadians and a few more Europeans. Man, this thang could go international, huh???

I'll be lookin' for ya in '07, Allen. We got one more week to go 'til they make the announcement that Toad Suck, Arkansas will be the official site of the next CCR!!! ;) ;)

Best regards

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Dick said:
Wow, Allen - that'd be grrrrrrreat. We have a history of CCR attendees coming from other parts of the planet.
.. how many ship their own bikes over there ... just thinkin bout 2010 .......

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
Woolly said:
.. how many ship their own bikes over there ... just thinkin bout 2010 .......
Brian - I'm not sure, butt this year, with Ari and Youko and Tom coming from Europe, this may be the first CCR with owner-shipped in bikes. Prior to this, several stateside riders loaned their scoots to those far-flyin' attendees for several of the days during the week. Just one of those gracious thangs that members of the asylum enjoy doin'!! :D :bmw:

Matter of fact, at one of the CCRs, a feller (Hal Gulledge) down the way from me had two LTs at the time and took both of 'em to CCR and loaned one of 'em out to Victor (am I right, Vic?). So, it happens frequently, Brian, and if need be, it can happen again!!! ;) ;)

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Mike from Gloucester (uk) mentioned in previous post about CCR 2010 - no idea what he's planning, but (sad as it might seem) my country/continent list is based on the one bike - when I get there, it will be on mine. 2010 seems a good target - might go for it, then pop down to see my rellies in Argentina. (can be done). Looking forward to bringing some good gear for BBR ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts