BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
how "plug and play" is this unit for the k1200lt?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just one Thing

Did you get one?, If so is it what you expected? Does it light up better than the stock light, Is the distance better?

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
HID beats standard lighting anytime

Renzo said:
Did you get one?, If so is it what you expected? Does it light up better than the stock light, Is the distance better?
HID lighting provide more and clearer lighting than standard lighting. Using any of the aftermarket standard light bulbs may make you light whiter/bluer, but it does not help with distance.

·
Registered
66 Posts
HID kit split

What a cooindince! I emailed the same guy (from ebay) yesterday with an almost identical question. The response I received today stated he has all standard color temps and sizes too. Look ligit to me, but... has anyone tried one of these or similiar kits.

Is a relay necessary for this or any kit? I have a 2003 and it seems that I see a lot of post about relays failing, so it really makes me wonder.

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
Relays are not necessary, but if installed correctly and in a decently protected area should not fail. I did not use relays for either my HID low beam nor my HID driving lights. Never had a problem. I would do the same again if get another bike.

Relays are often good to place near halogen headlights, with large guage wire leading to the relay in order to insure you are getting full voltage to the bulb. Normal Halogen bulbs loose considerable percentage of light output with a small percentage of voltage drop in wiring. HIDs however do not suffer so much, because the ballast is producing a high voltage AC to keep an arc going, the arc does not loose much output at all when the supply voltage to the ballast drops a little.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I"m interested....but depends on which "range" you want to get. I was thinking about the 6000 range....

·
Registered
99 Posts
I don't understand the difference with the h4 versus the h7. I have a 2005 k1200lt if it makes any difference....so which is right for my bike?

·
IBR# 366
16,569 Posts
Glenn,

If you want light output to help you see forward, then stick with the lowest K temp possible. The 5000K will give more useable, whiter light than the 6000K, and the 4200K will be better than that. Contrary to the marketing hype, higher K numbers don't give more light, they just shift it more towards the blue/purple spectrum, and away from the whiter, more useable light of the lower K bulbs.

If you want cool purple lights for that slammin' street rod look (and the undue attention it garners from the cops and other motorists), then go with the higher K bulbs. :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
group buy

riderup1 said:
I"m interested....but depends on which "range" you want to get. I was thinking about the 6000 range....
Same here. I would bet that we could get any color combos we need.

Count me in too (6000K)

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
H4 bulb configuration is not used on the LT.

For all LT low beams you need H7

For LT high beam before 2005, you need H3. For 2005 you need H9 or H11 (H9 is a higher wattage variant of H11 in Halogen, but in HID it makes no difference, as they are all 35 watt).

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
David

If I go with a H7 low beam 4200 to 5000 range, what range would I use for the H3 high beam? also, are all H3 bulbs "Plug and Play like an H7"? These will be going on an 03.

TIA

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
Someone who has put an H3 HID in an LT will have to answer about the fit into the BMW holder. I have not tried it.

Get the same temp range for both bulbs. Don't want one white and the other blue.

I would want 4000-5000K range, depending on availability, nearer 4000 preferably for me if available, nothing higher than 5000 though.

·
Registered
182 Posts
HID Group Buy

To all interested in HID group Buy From CQlight Inc.
After talking to the sales team leader Sheng, he would charge us 115.00 per light and will ship to your very own location. you can choose the type and color of the light.
Sheng would like me to gather all information, a minimum of ten orders need to be filled before he will ship.
So please, if your interested
I will gather the orders, make sure you have the following infos,

1. Name
2. Tel No.
3. Email address
4. Type Of bulb and color temperature
5. Payment method preferred. (Pay Pal or CC) Dont give me any numbers he will e-mail you the order form.
Send Info to
[email protected]
I will keep everyone informed on how many orders we have.
Larry

·
Registered
538 Posts
Renzo said:
To all interested in HID group Buy From CQlight Inc.
After talking to the sales team leader Sheng, he would charge us 115.00 per light and will ship to your very own location.

This is the info listed on the site:
H7 5000K Motorcycle HID Kit $110.99 Buy Now
Does the $115 include shipping or am I missing something as to the deal he is giving the group?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yes includes shipping, "he would charge us 115.00 per light and will ship to your very own location"
Not to one location.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts