BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a killer trade-in deal on the LT so I now ride a red 2009 Concourse 14 ABS.
6000.00 out the door after trade on a 2002 custom... Do the math.

It has been more than interesting discussing topics here.

Some of you will be missed.

Visit my site for local area info: www.RideWNC.com

See ya!

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
MikeERideWNC said:
I got a killer trade-in deal on the LT so I now ride a red 2009 Concourse 14 ABS.

See ya!
Looking at the way you scrubbed the tires on your LT, the tires on that "14" are in for some tough times! :) Good luck and enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
MikeERideWNC said:

See ya!
Let us know what you think about the Connie. Conrgratulations on the new scoot.

I wonder who will NOT be missed? :rotf:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I think your wife will miss the LT :)

MikeERideWNC said:

See ya!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I looked at the same bike last week. I had previously looked at the FJR. Conclusion? Let's see, no cruise control, no heated seats, less storage and wind protection, lousy fuel mileage and no telelever, not a two up bike and no amenities. But you are right, it is lot cheaper.

You'll be back.

·
Premium Member
1,486 Posts
Congrats to ya on the new scoot. You're gonna love it. I ride frequently with my son-in-law who has a new Concourse...it is an amazing machine and probably underpriced by about $5k. Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
7,615 Posts
MikeERideWNC said:

See ya!
Enjoy your new Concours 14. I rode Kawasaki exclusively for 30 years prior to moving to the LT when they discontinued the Voyager XII. They make fine machines. I considered the C14 also, but the lack of cruise control was the deal breaker for me in addition to my wife really liking the LT.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Keep the shiny side up; ride safe!

Curt

·
Premium Member
1,486 Posts
Caveno said:
How does the Concourse compare to the ST1300 or GT?
There's a great comparison with the BMW GT in the August 2009 issue of Cycle World magazine. Unfortunately, it isn't very favorable to the GT. The Concourse won practically every category of the comparison and is literally thousands of $$ less expensive. Of course, the Concourse doesn't have a cruise control...... :histerica

·
Registered
509 Posts
Congrats. The Concours is a great machine. As I'm sure you know, you can add heated grips, seat and cruise control...and the final cost will still be thousands less than the nearest competition. Have fun with all of that power.

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
I sat on one once, but didn't like the way I sat. Best of luck to you. You can still come to the forum you know!! I like to hear differing and different views.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Not having a cruise control, heated grips and seat is not an excuse to overlook the Concours 14. It can all be added for less than $800.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,981 Posts
I looked at one at my local dealer a couple of months ago & the deal breaker for me was the lack of an O2 sensor. With out it will not get good fuel milage. Good fuel milage & electronic cruise control are a must for me. With out cruise control I wouldn't have a license for very long. I did like the bike. I have read somewhere the rear rack could use some reinforcement for a top case. What color is it Mike? The one I saw at the dealer was black & looked good. Hard to beat for the money enjoy!

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
I like Kawasaki as a brand, alas the 2 dealers near me really suck, one being "Clueless in Burbank", the other being the infamous Honda/BMW/Kawasaki/Suzuki/etc... of Hollywood.
Reading your LT riding stories and seeing your Killboy photo I am sure you will love the Connie! ;)

·
Registered
214 Posts
pickerbiker said:
There's a great comparison with the BMW GT in the August 2009 issue of Cycle World magazine. Unfortunately, it isn't very favorable to the GT. The Concourse won practically every category of the comparison and is literally thousands of $$ less expensive. Of course, the Concourse doesn't have a cruise control...... :histerica
There was nothing unfortunate about the article to which you refer. Cycle World admittedly is content basing a good portion of their decision on cost.

I would be willing to bet heavily that if any of them had to do a continuous 1,000 miles in the saddle, they'd opt for the lighter, better appointed, GT, and along the way appreciate the better wind protection, fuel capacity, heated seats/grips, ESA,...and oh yes...cruise control. ;)

OP enjoy the Concours, it is a nice machine. Let us now how you like it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts