BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Here is line up for the last weekend in October happenings.

Details about the weekend... Click Here

While this long weekend is free from seminars or tech sessions...you can enjoy the best riding to be found East of the Mississippi..if not the West too!

We do have some ride to meet and eat (RTM&E) planned....

Friday Noon.. Chuckwagon Bald River Falls.. Click Here

Friday Night at Ironhorse: Charlene has planned an Octoberfest, Brats, knockwurst, sauerkraut plus other side items. We'll make arrangements for drinks and cooler for the Octoberfest.

Saturday Lunch... Pisgah Inn on the Blue Ridge Parkway ... Click Here

Saturday Night... well just some tire kickn and the camp fire after another feast at the dinner table...

$10.00 volunteer donation per person is ask to defray expenses...

Any questions or comments please give me a post or email...Charlene and staff at Ironhorse have planned a great weekend for the "Return of the LTs and friends to the Great Smokey Mountains" ...

Hope to see you there

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
We aren't staying the weekend but Judy and I are planning on meeting everyone for lunch on Saturday at Pisgah. Then some riding after, maybe to Maggie Valey and the museum.

See you all then.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Is there anything planned for Thursday for the afternoon?

Maybe to ride and eat to the Highlands!

Or to west of Murphy to eat BBQ at Herb's and then do a loop through Coker Creek and into Tellico Plains and either over the Cherohala or over to Vonore and the the Dragon?

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK... Thursday is Brett's day....;)

Where we going? Herb's sounds good to me...Hot Springs? Dillard House? TWO? Dahlonga?

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
dagnabbit just cant do it all, shucks, yall have fun and please post pics and lots of em! Okay back to my homework and studies!!

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NOGILLS2 said:
dagnabbit just cant do it all, shucks, yall have fun and please post pics and lots of em! Okay back to my homework and studies!!
Ya'll will be missed... :(

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
What?

BamaLT said:
OK... Thursday is Brett's day....;)

Where we going? Herb's sounds good to me...Hot Springs? Dillard House? TWO? Dahlonga?
MY DAY! :histerica

I hate being the first one getting a speeding ticket! Can someone else be the RC?

Herb's has great BBQ! Just ask Dave Adler and his sidekick! They never shared their food with me. Stingy old' yankees! :p

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pkpr1998 said:
MY DAY! :histerica

I hate being the first one getting a speeding ticket! Can someone else be the RC?

Herb's has great BBQ! Just ask Dave Adler and his sidekick! They never shared their food with me. Stingy old' yankees! :p

Must be good, ole Dave is headed back down to see us...

·
Registered
185 Posts
If you guys can get to Asheville and Brett wants to have the best smoked/bbq anywhere around check out 12 Bones on Riverside Dr., off the Amboy Rd. exit!
Best ding-dang eaten around, your tongue will knock your teeth out just to get a taste !!!!!
If ya need better directions let me know.
Ricky Joe

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Huuuummmmmmmmmmm

kosmo said:
If you guys can get to Asheville and Brett wants to have the best smoked/bbq anywhere around check out 12 Bones on Riverside Dr., off the Amboy Rd. exit!
Best ding-dang eaten around, your tongue will knock your teeth out just to get a taste !!!!!
If ya need better directions let me know.
Ricky Joe
Give us directions; I am always up for new places to try!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Alll Righty Brett. Head toward Asheville on 40, you'll catch 240 going east,( through Asheville ) which is what you need to take. The Amboy rd. exit is 1C and is the former location of Asheville's race track. Take the Amboy rd. exit continue forward through 1 red light, ( at the intersection of State st. and Amboy ) you'll cross a bridge over the French Broad River and t-bone at another red light. Take a left on Riverside and continue forward. You'll wind along the French Broad River for just a few miles, then you'll head into a 90 degree right hand turn. If you look at 2 o'clock you'll see 12 Bones dead ahead, bones dead ahead get it !!! The hours are only mon.-fri. 11 till 4, so keep that in mind. You'll love the food !!!!!

Ricky Joe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts