BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to put a hannigan car on the LT and am looking for info on putting a VW tire on the rear. I think I remember someone makes a wheel to do this but I can't find the link. HELP :histerica Not going to ride it without the car anymore so it should be safe and corner better etc.

·
Premium Member
1,490 Posts
Hi , there are a few people that make adaptors that lets you use a VW beetle wheel on you LT . A friend of mine in Clifford has an adaptor on his K75/hannigan , I think he got it from a guy in Pennsylvania . Harrys wheels or something like that . I can check with him to find out see .

Are you going to have Hannigan put it on ? If you do , you might want to have them put on there steer lite & heavy front spring . I had Dave Hannigan put our Hannigan 2+2 on new . At the time I didn't have him do the front end . a year or so later , I got the parts from him & put them on my self . If you are not going to ride the bike solo again , changing the steering & front spring makes turning it a lot easer . I did the steering first , & found that the stock spring bottomed out real easy with the front end mover out . So I got heavy spring from him soon after .

Just FYI , .. There are a few... of us guys in the Mid-Michigan BMW Touring Club http://www.mmbmwtc.com/ with sidecar rigs .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts