BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monte Rogers passed away sometime before 1:00 am this morning at the hospital in Fredericksburg, Texas. Many of you are aware he had been fighting various cancers for several years now. Dick Largen will post something on the memorial forum this morning. Maybe not as well known was Bert Navin. Bert also died of cancer this week, 2:30 Wednesday morning.

I am putting together memories of Monte for his widow Debbie. If you have snapshots of Monte from RTE's or other rides, please post them under Dick's thread for sure, but if you can, please send me high resolution copies as well. [email protected]. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
God Speed my Brothers.

John

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear that.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
My condolences to Debbie and his family. This is so very sad.

I do not know if I ever met Bert, but of course the same goes for his family.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Rest in Peace Monte and Bert.

We have many great memories with Monte over the years and will miss him dearly.

Condolences to Debbie and the families of both.

Ron & Delores

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
Prayers go out the both Families. I did not know Bert but Monte was a dear friend who will be missed.
God Speed my brother, Till we meet again in the presents of the Lord Almighty.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
My condolences to both families. They are in my thoughts.

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
So sad to hear. Dick and I talked about Monte at the RTE and the Dr.'s prediction wasn't far off. God bless the families of both Monte & Bert, and may these gentlemen find peace and comfort in the arms of the Lord.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Very sad to hear. Prayers go out the both Families. I did not know Bert but Monte was a friend who will be missed. I was looking forward to seeing Monte at Barrett and Myra's.

·
Registered
446 Posts
This is very sad news indeed. I don't recall meeting Bert but I met Monte and Dick about three and a half years ago while on my trip to finish my remaining US 48 states. I liked the way Monte razzed Dick and had planned try to get down again to have some pie with them again. My thoughts and prayers go to both families. The are both in that great RTE in the sky along with our brother El Jeffie. Save a place at the table for all of us.

Isn't it great that this forum has allowed new and extended friendships across this great country and the world.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Godspeed Guy's....we'll ride on the other side.

·
Registered
530 Posts
May the Lord bring them many more miles of absolute joy as they continue to travel right along with us in our journeys here and everafter. :bike:

God Bless!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Condolences to both families at this time. We will all be there, but it is always difficult when the final time comes.

I agree with Dave Kinsey...look forward to riding on the other side!

Kindest wishes to both families.

Curt & Laurie

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
Service for John "Bert" Navin will be held at 9:00 am, Tuesday, Dec 21, at the Ft. Sam Houston National Cemetery in San Antonio - 1520 Harry Wurzbach Road. Directions to the Mausoleum will be available at the visitor center, just inside the cemetery gate.

In lieu of flowers, Linda Navin has asked that donations be made to the American Cancer Society in John Navin's name.

Click here for donation options

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dick said:
Service for John "Bert" Navin will be held at 9:00 am, Tuesday, Dec 21, at the Ft. Sam Houston National Cemetery in San Antonio - 1520 Harry Wurzbach Road. Directions to the Mausoleum will be available at the visitor center, just inside the cemetery gate.

In lieu of flowers, Linda Navin has asked that donations be made to the American Cancer Society in John Navin's name.

Click here for donation options
Thanks for following up on Bert, Dick.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Condolences to both families.They will both be in our prayers. Both men will be missed.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts