BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should we consider starting a Go Fund Me account for plane fare for ALL the mouthy people & celeb's like Al Sharpton, Jon Stewart, and Cher that stated they will leave the USA?
Is there a list of those that threatened to leave? I won't miss them!
Partial list:

Rosie O’Donnell
Eddie Griffin
Cher
Samuel L. Jackson
Barry Diller
Katie Hopkins
Omari Hardwick
Miley Cyrus
George Lopez
Eddie Griffin
Raven-Symoné

·
Registered
392 Posts
Wherever they go they will try to make it just like the place they left so they will need Tesla Superchargers, Hollywood, and a gullible adoring public.

Reactions: SmokinJoe

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well said, but I read they are backing off their threat to leave, as if we didn't know.

·
Registered
689 Posts
To be fair, this is pretty much a staple of every election. I seem to remember threats of the same from Ted Nugent in 2008 if Obama won. He's still here. We should all just stop listening to these Hollywood idiots and enjoy their movies. Nobody takes the political opinion of their plumber that seriously, even if he's the best plumber that ever existed.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Should we consider starting a Go Fund Me account for plane fare for ALL the mouthy people & celeb's like Al Sharpton, Jon Stewart, and Cher that stated they will leave the USA?

Gloat

verb (used without object)

to look at or think about with great or excessive, often smug or malicious, satisfaction:
The opposing team gloated over our bad luck.

noun

an act or feeling of gloating.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rand, understanding you're from Oregon and all, don't know how you would construe this as gloating as they are the people making the statements to leave the country.

Definition of sore loser: a person who becomes very upset or angry when he or she loses a game, contest, etc.

Reactions: TwoWheels

·
Registered
178 Posts
Partial list:

Rosie O’Donnell
Eddie Griffin
Cher
Samuel L. Jackson
Barry Diller
Katie Hopkins
Omari Hardwick
Miley Cyrus
George Lopez
Eddie Griffin
Raven-Symoné
You must really dislike Eddie Griffin. He's on your list twice. :laugh:

·
Registered
392 Posts
I don't recall the "silent majority" doing this in 2008 and 2012 when Obama was elected/re-elected:

From the associated press: "Headline: Oregon is epicenter as Trump protests surge across nation. PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Another night of nationwide protests against Donald Trump's election came to a head in Portland, where thousands marched and some smashed store windows, lit firecrackers and sparked a dumpster blaze. Police termed the protest a riot and used "less lethal munitions" to help clear the streets....."

Oregon is epicenter as Trump protests surge across nation

Oh, but wait a minute, they have been doing this even while Obama was in office.

I am not a Trump fan but I am definitely against the political ruling class of white collar criminal bureaucrats that have been running this country - Democrat AND Republican.

I am not gloating yet - the man hasn't even taken office yet so only time will tell if he can get something done.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Originally Posted by WillH I am definitely against the political ruling class of white collar criminal bureaucrats that have been running this country - Democrat AND Republican.
Agree- while any certain party resorts to coddling in order to take ADVANTAGE of the minority voter thus making them dependent (enslaved) on government!

·
IBR# 366
16,560 Posts
Can't we just use the funds collected in 2008 for all the Reds that claimed they flee the country if Obama won?

Same bullshït rhetoric and posturing back then, and I don't remember anyone of them that followed through that time...

It's simply a stupid threat to make, regardless of your personal ideology.

Reactions: gorm5

·
Cat Herder
1,470 Posts
You forgot:
Whoopi and Barbra Streisand

Rosie O’Donnell
Eddie Griffin
Cher
Samuel L. Jackson
Barry Diller
Katie Hopkins
Omari Hardwick
Miley Cyrus
George Lopez
Eddie Griffin
Raven-Symoné

·
Registered
392 Posts
Can't we just use the funds collected in 2008 for all the Reds that claimed they flee the country if Obama won?

Same bullshït rhetoric and posturing back then, and I don't remember anyone of them that followed through that time...

It's simply a stupid threat to make, regardless of your personal ideology.
I think they actually believe: 1) That some people might listen to them and take them seriously; and 2) That they might influence someone to vote a particular way.

Colin Kaepernik stating that he didn't vote (in protest) is the same mentality.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Originally Posted by meese
2008 for all the Reds that claimed they flee the country if Obama won?

Ken, What famous or noteworthy republicans/independents said that? I can't seem to find any.

·
IBR# 366
16,560 Posts
It was all over the web 8 years ago.

Just as it was 8 years before that.

Same bullshit, different year, different shovels.

What gets me about this one is the vitriol and hate spewing from certain right wingers. Now I don't believe that everyone on the right is that agressive and assholish, any more than I believe that everyone on the left is that whiny and clueless.

And remember, this was a very close race, with neither candidate gaining a clear majority and Clinton edging out the popular vote by a mere half a percent.

Honestly the vast majority of people I talk to are disgusted with the current state of politics in general, and are really just trying to get by and live their lives in peace and relative prosperity, regardless of who holds what office.

But posts such as this one that are purely meant to gloat and divide and foster the Us againt Them attitude are a large part of the problem with this one, no matter which side of the aisle you prefer to stand...

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I promise I was not gloating or looking to cause hurt, not my style...

I simply wanted to bring some satire into a thorny election, while reminding people of the ridiculousness of celebs saying crazy things thinking they may sway our vote. As if we give a crap.

·
IBR# 366
16,560 Posts
Fair enough.

I just don't think this particular set of idiotic pronouncements is much different than the last ones, or the ones before that...

·
Registered
392 Posts
Honestly the vast majority of people I talk to are disgusted with the current state of politics in general, and are really just trying to get by and live their lives in peace and relative prosperity, regardless of who holds what office.
I agree with this statement; However, when Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid announce on TV yesterday that Steve Bannon is a white nationalist and white supremacist and Bernie Sanders says that Trump's bigotry must be fought then I would submit that they ARE the problem. It was not a close race if one looks at the geographic map (red and blue) of voting results - America voted against these people because of their policies of division and hate which they still seem to want to continue which will keep the kettle boiling even longer. The democratic party has moved so far left it is scary and they run a huge propaganda machine and one cannot believe anything that they say. They stay in power because they give things to people in return for votes and they foster and promote the US and against THEM mentality that you refer to: They are masters of this.

And yes, some of the things that Trump said during the debates and on the campaign trail do bother me and that is why I held my nose when I voted for him but we will see if "Candidate" Trump and "President" Trump are the same person. These campaigns are very aggressive on both sides and a lot of bad things are said by both sides.

·
IBR# 366
16,560 Posts
It was a very close race, with no real clear majority anywhere.

And everything you just posted could just as easily be applied to the far right's propoganda machine.

Both sides suck. Such is modern politics.

I may or may not agree with many of the things the left says and does, but their general goals and ideals more closely match my own, even if we may disagree on execution.

Whereas I often disagree with most of the things I see the right saying and doing, quite strongly in many cases.

You can use whatever terms you wish to describe Trump and his flip-flopping rhetoric (which traces back far before this election), but the people he's allowing into positions of power are so diametrically opposed to the things that I believe in that I'm honestly worried what the next four years will bring.

But that's the way it is. They'll have their shot for a while. Maybe 4 years, maybe 8. But it'll swing back around again, just as it always does.

And in the meantime, we'll all just try and get by and do the best we can for ourselves and our family. Same as always, really.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Not sure exactly what you are referring to as propaganda from the far right but nevertheless I think you will find that the far right wing of the Republican party is a small non-controlling minority nowadays and the election of Trump was as much of a dissatisfaction with not only the left but also the right. I think most of us are in the middle or lean a little bit to the right on fiscal issues.

·
IBR# 366
16,560 Posts
It's ironic that people voted for Trump out of dissatisfaction with the political system, and yet he's currently filling the upper government with seasoned politicians who are clearly part of the old guard, and who have what I consider far right leanings. Folks that I strongly disagree with on many issues and topics.

At this point, Trump is merely a distraction, so that those who do know how to work the system can work it quickly and quietly. And it will be for their own benefit. Not for my benefit, nor for the benefit of the people who actually voted for them. Y'all have been royally fooled, my friends...

Personally, I prefer to be fiscally conservative, yet socially liberal. Money does matter, as it's the common currency that we all use, but people should always matter more. And that's all people, not just the ones who happen to agree with you.

And I just don't see this upcoming administration caring at all about anyone but themselves.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts