BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you just toss your stuff inside and let it roll around or do they make some sort of divider/pouch thingy with compartments?

Reason I ask is I bought a Givi monolock today and it didn't occur to me then to ask this and nor could I find anything on their website.

It's a basic case and was on sale for $80 so how could I go wrong? Best part was it needs an additional bracket for the RT to the one that it comes with and there was a Givi rep at the store who is sending it to me for free! I really lucked out today.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I don't know what size case you bought but I believe Kathy's bag liners makes a couple different size universal top case bags for Givi/Shad top cases. Might want to check that out. I like liners in the side cases but not the top case. Just my personal preference.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had the E450 on the back of my K1200S on a 14 day trip with no bag liner. It was a PITA. I would try to load it up trying to use the space under the lid and when I went to open the case things would fall out and it was hard to get the cover closed once again. A liner would be a big help in many ways.

Cee Bailey makes a liner and Givi also makes a liner.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
patsmith said:
What size case did you end up buying? I am looking for a hard top case
I bought and returned the case after deciding I hated it's guts and the pain in the ass brackets I had to assemble to mount the fucking thing!

Ended up buying the small BMW tail bag (not really small, holds a lot of stuff) and it took about, oh, 40 seconds to slip it on and secure it. Well well well worth the money.

http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=123543

1 - 6 of 6 Posts