BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Where can you get the cool down load for your signature that shows the States you have traveled? I would likes to have one as well..... :)

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Thank you David :)

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
DavidTaylor said:
made one for me the other day and forgot to add it. I'm a little slow. :)
And, your point is? :p :D

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I have mine made, what I can't figure out is how to add the darn thing!!! Any help in "layman's language"???

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
to add you have to use the img syntax.
I cannot use straight here, because then it WILL put the image, but is like this:

type one "[" them type the words "img" them type the close bracked "]" then type the full address for your image (yes, you have to host your image in one server), like http://www.yourserver.com/your_map.gif
then type one "[" them type the words "/img" them type the close bracked "]"

should work

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
You can also host your image in the photo section of the BMWLT.com site. That's where mine resides.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Resize them in Paint under Image and Resize/Skew.

That way your signature isn't half a page. You can still see them pretty well.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Steve_R said:
And, your point is? :p :D
Don't make me come over there!! :D

For the process to include the image in your signature, here's what I did -
  • Go to the gallery on the site via the link at the top of the page.
  • Select "Avatars and GIFs" and upload your map picture there
  • Once uploaded, scroll down below the image and you'll see a box labeled "BB Image Code". Copy the contents of that box entirely
  • Go to the User CP, and edit your signature
  • Paste this content into your sig where you want it
  • Save your changes and Voila!

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
OK, now I look even stupider (like that's possible). It worked doing that then it went away,and now it won't display. I'm figuring it out.

And yes, Steve, I can hear the "I Told You So!!" all the way over here. :D

EDIT - YAY I fixed it! I'll update the instructions above to fix the issue. Sorry sbout that!

·
Premium Member
3,872 Posts
How do you update it, or do you have to do a new map every time?

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Lonewuff said:
How do you update it, or do you have to do a new map every time?
Yes, if you add states you go back to the site and generate a new map image. Then add it here (hopefully with less stupidity than I used :eek: :) ).

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Guys!!!

Will resize it later. Just glad this computer challenge person was able to get it loaded at all.......

·
Premium Member
3,872 Posts
Yeah you need to resize it Gene, cause all I am seeing is the "You Are Here" spot on your map. :D

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Hey Steve,

Looks like you and I should plan a trip to California and come home the northern route. I'd love to knock out the rest of the states this summer.
:) ;)

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
GBaker said:
Thanks Guys!!!

Will resize it later. Just glad this computer challenge person was able to get it loaded at all.......
Looks like there's still some issue with how it's captured in your sig line. I saw your file posted in the gallery so it's in the right spot. Maybe you should edit your signature and re-copy and paste BB IMage Code data again. I tried to (I'm on of the site moderators so I get to go special places :D ) but I couldn't save the changes. maybe change the "IMG" to"img", that seemed to have some affect when I was adding mine for some reason.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts