BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LED Strip from eBay: $3.00 (or $15 at autozone)
Time: 15 mins, including taking off the windshield, cowl, and maplight

My neighbor bought some of these and put them on his Infinity, I thought "hey, that's kinda' cool, I wonder what they would look like on the LT?"

Strips come in different lengths, measure first (the strips are cutable, every three lights)

Pull off the backing from the double-sided 3M tape, press to attach

I routed the wires through the upper left corner, connected to the map light so it's on when the key is turned (also looks cool when the key is half-turned)

(with headlight off)

with HID headlight on

close up shot

Should increase visibility/conspicuity.

(and it looks Gangsta')

If anyone asks, I'll tell them Audi bought BMW's motorcycle division as well.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Kewl. And RonKMiller is going to be all over this.

Next, you could change the angle of the windscreen arms (and their matching chrome covers) to look more like the "angry owl eyebrows" on the K1600s. :D

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Das whut ahm tawlkin bout!

In red would mike a nice additional stop light on the back if wired to the brake lights. Add a flasher for even greater viz.

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
deputy5211 said:
Das whut ahm tawlkin bout!

In red would mike a nice additional stop light on the back if wired to the brake lights. Add a flasher for even greater viz.

I was thinking the same thing...

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hschisler said:
Kewl. And RonKMiller is going to be all over this.

Next, you could change the angle of the windscreen arms (and their matching chrome covers) to look more like the "angry owl eyebrows" on the K1600s. :D

might be kinda' cool to put the LED strips ON the matching chrome covers, make an angry smiley face of sorts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Nice! I'm thinking some flexible LEDs in a circle one on each side of the light would be cool too.... I put alot of leds on my VTX and they work great. For a good array of LEDs I go to custom dynamics.com - great service and very high quality stuff. I have more projects to do using their leds on my LT. But the job front is a bit tight right now so it will have to wait.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts