BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really really really getting the itch to get back on the road.

I've cleaned and waxed the bike, scrubbed the windscreen, conditioned the leather seat, tooth picked the wheels. checked out the online shops and generally just looked at the ride, then outside, then back in the garage.

I've looked at heated gear, taller windscreens, At one point, I rode around for a little while but that just made the itch get itchier.

I could just ride around in the 60's. I'm calculating that its only a 3 hour ride to 80 deg weather tomorrow from San Antonio, but for me to go to CA or FL, I'd need a few solid days of warmth (I hate driving in anything less than 78)

Arg..I guess I just have to count the days. I figure 20 more should do it..

<sorry about this to the those cold weather folks>

Dave :histerica :wave

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
davidpweis said:
......I could just ride around in the 60's. I'm calculating that its only a 3 hour ride to 80 deg weather tomorrow from San Antonio, but for me to go to CA or FL, I'd need a few solid days of warmth (I hate driving in anything less than 78)

Arg..I guess I just have to count the days. I figure 20 more should do it..

<sorry about this to the those cold weather folks>

Dave :histerica :wave

Wow, you really know how to rub it in!
Maybe you need to wear a heated jacket liner when it gets really, really cold, err.... like 60 degrees.
:histerica

Attachments

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Oh man, you're just asking to get piled on, aren't ya?
My ride last week ended in the last 100 miles or so at 33 degrees, and that was an awesome ride.
I say go get yourself some GoldBond anit-itch power, take a 3 month nap, and call back then. :rotf:

·
Registered
83 Posts
20 more days and I'll have to pull the liner out of my mesh jacket....will be in the upper 70's by then.... sorry, had to do it.

ps: if you're jealous....try ridin' here in the summer months...you'll be glad you live where you do.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Ouch.................rocketed up to 17 F so far.............don't you have some sort of therapy to be at?.................. :histerica

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks for sharing! :rolleyes: Pure torture! Ya know, what goes around..... :D

I went to 'visit' my bike in storage yesterday. It was a bittersweet meeting. Jumped in the saddle and sat there with my eyes closed for a while...almost slipped into making motor noises.
Afterwards I returned to my car, schlepping through the ice and snow of the parking lot, cursing the Chicago winter with every slip and slide.

Come on spring!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry everyone up north above the cold line. :eek:

Having lived up north for most of my life, I really do feel for you...

But, I decided I couldn't do it any more, so see ya NY cold.

My friend in CT just got an RT; Was delivered yesterday. It will be garaged for the next 30 days, until the record amount of snow melts.

I did get out today in the low 70's, and it wasnt' so bad :) Actually did a nice 160 miles and explored some side roads I never knew existed.

Good luck to everyone up north. Stay warm..

D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts