BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As there WERE no CCR Posts out here on this wonderful new forum, I thought I would be the first . . . :cool:

Looking forward with much anticipation to that email announcing the Opening of Registration for CCR-7 (2006) !! Bring it on . . . :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Just a question,, everyone involved in CCR realizes that Labor day weekend is the AMA Superbike Showdown at Road Atlanta in Braselton GA, and that area could be packed all weekend, maybe all week.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Holy ****noids Batman. COULD be packed? BUMMER, I was really looking forward to going out and strafing the Dragon, (never been there before) but I know it is going to be wall to wall coppers.

·
Registered
13,451 Posts
hig4s said:
Just a question,, everyone involved in CCR realizes that Labor day weekend is the AMA Superbike Showdown at Road Atlanta in Braselton GA, and that area could be packed all weekend, maybe all week.
It's the weekend AFTER CCR. Why would the area be packed the week before? There is another superbike run the weekend before CCR and there will prolly be some movement, but packed? I just don't see it.

The Dragon is 119 miles from the venue, how will that be packed, too?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hiring a K1200LT to do a CCR

Hi from down under!
I've read about the CCR reunions and I must say it's got me ol brain ticking over pondering what I'll have to do to get over there and attand a reunion in the not to distant future (the 2006 would be the go).

Looking at the few pics on this site, the setting for the 2005 CCR looks just fantastic, and it would be just brilliant to be able to ride and meet up with hundreds of other LT owners.

Getting my LT shipped over there from Australia, I'd imagine would be out of the question, so I'm wondering if there is anyone that hires K1200LT's in the states?

If I can line up a bike to ride, the rest of the planning is easy.

Cheers

Barry Lane
Brisbane
Australia

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
grifscoots said:
It's the weekend AFTER CCR. Why would the area be packed the week before? There is another superbike run the weekend before CCR and there will prolly be some movement, but packed? I just don't see it.

Not to rain on the parade, BUT:

From a Lexus site I belong to:

"No passing (wink, wink). Motorcycles everywhere, both Hogs and Ninjas. You may see a Shelby Cobra, Porsche 914 or even a Ferrari or two. Chicanes and esses, uphill, downhill, yellow steep grade warning signs. Lateral G's...ouch. Radio chatter. Believe me, it is all that...plus Tennessee State Troopers guarding the border against those that wish to tame the Dragon."

I hear the LEO's have been pulling over squids en masse this summer. Not that they would ever pulll over an LT with POLITE stickers fore and aft! :)

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
hiring an LT

Check with Blue Moon Cycles or one of the other Atlanta area BMW dealers. But check SOON!

·
Registered
161 Posts
grifscoots said:

The way I understand it, the dragon is crowded every weekend, but most of the sport bike guys I know that want to see the races, trailer up there couple days to a the week before to ride in the mountains. So it starts building Thursday. I had the dates wrong and thought the CCR was scheduled for Fri, Sat, Sun, instead of Wed, Thur, Fri. So it may not be too bad.

I've also been told there are a lot of great roads around the dragon that are almost never crowded. I've had to cancel my trip to Road Atlanta the last two years, (actually had resevations to the Chateau Elan last year). I plan to find out for myself next year..

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Since you brought it up, is anyone else planning to stay over for the races? I figure since we're there already, might as well stay for the entire weekend of the races and go home on Tuesday!

As for the Dragon, the LEO presence is usually only there for the weekends. I would expect that the road would be quite entertaining, and without traffic, Monday thru Thursday, at least, the week of CCR.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
barryst1100 said:
Getting my LT shipped over there from Australia, I'd imagine would be out of the question, so I'm wondering if there is anyone that hires K1200LT's in the states?
If I can line up a bike to ride, the rest of the planning is easy.
Hi Barry,

As one that crossed the pond to attend a CCR I found I got offers the whole day. At least 30 friends a day asked me if I was okay and handed over the keys. So, no need to bring or hire an LT. You'll be well taken care of. Let alone the texicats who have a "Tito's" secret :rolleyes:

·
Prodigal Son
1,297 Posts
Texicat --a way kewl Texican.
Tito's secret --you gotta taste that one yoself..

·
IBR# 366
16,553 Posts
early1 said:
Depolyable Asset
Hey ed, what's a Depolyable Asset? I know what poly usually means, but I figure it might mean something entirely different down in the Republic of Texas. :)

·
Prodigal Son
1,297 Posts
Well you can read it as a typo or as a multiple. Your choice.

·
IBR# 366
16,553 Posts
Since Poly has a fairly specific meaning among many of my friends, I figure I'll just assume yours was a typo then. Glad to see that you've gotten it fixed.

Nice avatar by the way. :)

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
barryst1100 said:
Ok you have me totally stumped!
What the heck is a texicat?
And what's Tito's secret?
I knew you'd bite.
Texicats is explaned.
Tito's is a handmade vodka.
The Texicats in particular took care I had a ride.
And a bottle to hold on to.
Although, there was a guy in Washington that made me feel very welcome too!
So now you know a little more of the courtesy extended to visitors from over the pond :bmw:

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
It's worth the trip anyway

Barry,

Just meeting 600+ friends from this site in one place is worth the trip. The Booze Brothers and the shared beverage of choice is a side benefit.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts