BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had some thoughts about our beloved beauty, and wanted to get some opinions.

I have a huge sheepskin that I would like to put on the driver's seat. It has no holes, no cords, no way to attach it to the seat. What is the best way to attach it? Also, it may need to be cut down to size- can I cut it without damaging it? Will the lock for the seat need to be adjusted for the thickness?

The seat height adjustment rod was missing on this bike when I bought it, and a new one is $180! Been thinking of putting some kind of spacers under the seat in the rear to raise it like the rod would- do I need to adjust the lock, and do I need to raise the front equally?

Under the stingray is a dead comm unit and a cassette player. Can I remove both of them without affecting the radio for more space, or is the radio part of the cassette player? I know I can remove the comm unit as it was added on, but not sure about he player.

Thanks in advance for your wonderful words of wisdom and experience!

tony

·
Premium Member
4,876 Posts
Seat rod: ask around as there are plenty of parts available and I can't imagine not finding one for a very reasonable amount. Try Boneyard, E-Bay etc.

On the sheep skin, cut it to fit the top of the seat, pick out two points up front, about an inch in from the side, and the same in the back and have small loops sewn in place. The you can thread in some elastic material to be run under the seat.

·
Registered
795 Posts
As far as the seat goes, I saw a tattered one on Flea-Bay a couple days ago, I think the price was around $60 with shipping. I was considering picking it up to do some experimenting with but haven't the time. Anyway, you might want to take a peek over there, as long as it has the adjuster I don't think you really care what it looks like. And besides, there is the advantage that you have a seat to send in for customization when the time comes that will not end your riding while the work is being done.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Unfortunately the Radio & Cassette player are one unit and you cannot have one without the other. People have removed the old unit entirely and replaced them with a Jensen radio. A search for Jensen should produce all kinds of info. In fact, here is what a quick search under "Jensen radio" turned up:
http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1843677

Welcome to our little corner of the Web!

John

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Skin: You should be able to "lace" the skin to the underside of the seat with little worry. If the lock "catch" is an issue, remove the two bolts and put it OVER the skin... Problem solved...

Seat: I have an old (great condition) grey seat off of an '05 sitting in the rafters. I'll let it go for a song...

Radio: the cassette contains the amp for the system, remove the comm, but not the cassette.

From another post: not my bike...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
shoswell said:
Seat: I have an old (great condition) grey seat off of an '05 sitting in the rafters. I'll let it go for a song...
What song are you thinking about singing? ;)

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Take your pick:

Money – Pink Floyd – Darkside of the Moon
Money for Nothing – Dire Straits – Brothers in Arms
Money (that’s what I want) – Barrett Strong – Single
She Works Hard for the Money – Donna Summer – Endless Summer
Take the Money and Run – Steve Miller Band – Fly Like an Eagle
Money Talks – AC/DC – (They are boycotting iTunes)
Money, Money, Money – ABBA – Arrival
I Wanna Be Rich – Calloway – All the Way
If I Had $1,000,000 – Barenaked Ladies – Barenaked Ladies
Mo Money, Mo Problems – Notorious B.I.G. – Life After Death
For the Love of Money – The O’Jays – Ship Ahoy
Got Your Money – Ol’ Dirty Bastard – N***A Please
Money Ain’t a Thang – Jay’z – Vol. 2 Hard Knock Life
If You’ve Got the Money I’ve Got the Time – Willie Nelson – To Lefty from Willie
Money – Micheal Jackson – History: Past, Present, and Future
Money Honey – Lady GaGa – The Fame
Show me the Money – Petey Pablo - Step Up
Rich Girl – Gwen Stefani – Love, Angel, Music, Baby
Mr. Bill Collector – Bone Thugs N Harmony – E. 1999 Eternal
Sell Out – Reel Big Fish – Turn the Radio Off
Why Don’t You Get a Job - The Offspring – Americana
You Can’t Always Get What you Want – The Rolling Stones – The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus
All About the Benjamins – P. Diddy – No Way Out
Worker’s Song – Dropkick Murphy’s - Blackout

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
shoswell said:
Take your pick:

Money – Pink Floyd – Darkside of the Moon
Money for Nothing – Dire Straits – Brothers in Arms
She Works Hard for the Money – Donna Summer – Endless Summer
Take the Money and Run – Steve Miller Band – Fly Like an Eagle
You Can’t Always Get What you Want – The Rolling Stones – The Rolling Stones
Nice! There's my pick out of all those.

For real, how much would you ask for such a seat? I would like to have the adjustment rod, and the pan would come in handy should I someday decide to get a real seat made- so what's that worth to ya? With me paying shipping, of course.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts