BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It got warm enough here today to take my 2001 LT out for the first ride with the Gemi chip. It’s fantastic how the fueling is absolutely flawless! She’s never run this well! All the way from idle to 7K is smooth and quick. Anybody contemplating this mod should do it. Im not going to be able to check fuel economy for a while. I did the speedo mod also, it’s within 1 mph of gps reading right up to 100 mph! Now it’s snowing.

Reactions: radar41 and kbob12

·
Registered
21 Posts
It got warm enough here today to take my 2001 LT out for the first ride with the Gemi chip. It’s fantastic how the fueling is absolutely flawless! She’s never run this well! All the way from idle to 7K is smooth and quick. Anybody contemplating this mod should do it. Im not going to be able to check fuel economy for a while. I did the speedo mod also, it’s within 1 mph of gps reading right up to 100 mph! Now it’s snowing.
Hello, I have had this chip in France for 2 years on my LT 06. Stage 9 or 10 chip, I don't know. I am happy with. Much more flexible at low revs and improved fuel consumption. I recommend.

·
Registered
344 Posts
@fatbob307

Just took a quick tour of the internet with Google and could not find where the John Gemi chips are sold.

Got a link?

·
Registered
21 Posts
[QUOTE = "DRONE, message: 1962042, membre: 118969"]
[USER = 74569] @ fatbob307 [/ USER]

Je viens de faire un tour rapide sur Internet avec Google et je n'ai pas pu trouver où les puces John Gemi sont vendues.

Vous avez un lien?
[/CITATION]
Je n'ai pas trouvé ma facture, mais elle est sur Facebook
@fatbob307

Just took a quick tour of the internet with Google and could not find where the John Gemi chips are sold.

Got a link?
@fatbob307

Got a link?
@fatbob307

Got a link?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks ChrisFrench! Yes you have to contact John via Facebook.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Ah! That's why I couldn't find him! I have Facebook blocked on both of the browsers I use. I followed the link provided by ChrisFrench to navigate to John Gemi's FB website, but he has some kind of blockers built into his FB website that prevents non-Facebook users from peeking inside.

No sweat. I was just curious.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I had to join to deal with John. I got FB off my phone immediately afterwards!

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,994 Posts
I've bought three of John's chips. The first one the engine wouldn't start & he sent another one. The next two chips the engine ran hotter than normal by a fair amount so I removed them.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Yeah I'm more than happy with the standard performance of my LT so I don't think I would bother to take the risk. Especially since it's a big pain in the butt just to get to the chip.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,426 Posts
Mine does just fine all the way to red line!

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
The first Gemi chip purchased, I broke one of the pins off trying to install it. This first attempt of installing the chip was in my original Motronic while doing some service work just before a long trip. Later, I purchased a spare Motronic unit from Ebay. This time I had no problem with chip installation but just haven't had any cause to jump back in there yet. I just thought it would be easier to install another whole Gemi modified unit to test out than mess with the original. If it doesn't work out I'll just switch it back and put the 2009 Motronic back on Ebay with the Gemi installed along with the OEM chip! Gotta stop procrastinating and get it done though!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Saddle man do you suppose it was lean fueling that caused the high engine temps?

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,994 Posts
Saddle man do you suppose it was lean fueling that caused the high engine temps?
It was either lean fuel ignition timing or both. My third chip was so bad I'm surprised it didn't hurt the engine before I got back home.

·
Registered
38 Posts
@fatbob307

Got a link?
Hi....
Got a chip from John Gemi some time ago and never installed. I bought it for a 2003 KLT living on the west coast. USA
Stage 6 I believe. If interested, let me know.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I brought one of John's chips a couple years ago, it didn't work. He did send me another one, I didn't try it I'am trying a couple of other options.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts