BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the Stage 9 chip from John.
Will be installing it this coming weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I got the Stage 9 chip from John.
Will be installing it this coming weekend.

What are the requirements for a stage 9 chip? Modified exhaust, premium only, etc?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are the requirements for a stage 9 chip? Modified exhaust, premium only, etc?

I provided John with the feature of my LT.
Hot weather , and he said I needed a Stage 9.
No mods done to my LT.

Reactions: bmwcoolk1200

·
Premium Member
7,622 Posts
The LT is premium only from the factory ... if you ride in hot weather and want long engine life. :grin:

Reactions: bmwcoolk1200

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The LT is premium only from the factory ... if you ride in hot weather and want long engine life. :grin:

I have never used non premium fuel in any vehicle that I’ve driven or ridden.
Specially when is at least 32C out everyday. This weather is very hard on engines.

I’ll make the time to install it and post impressions.

My LT has a hard time pulling off the line.
The engine feels like being lugged, and makes valve train noise on occasion at low revs.
So, with the chip I’m hoping to remedy that and improve low down torque.

Reactions: beech

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,254 Posts
My LT has a hard time pulling off the line.
The engine feels like being lugged, and makes valve train noise on occasion at low revs.
So, with the chip I’m hoping to remedy that and improve low down torque.
Interesting as my LT comes off the line just fine. I keep the RPMs below 1500 until the clutch is fully engaged and then roll the throttle on and I am at 62 in first in no time. Then I shift into 4th (5th if on the interstate).

·
Registered
101 Posts
Could someone share Mr Gemi"s contact information please? I don't do Facebook. I've looked here and probably missed it but would appreciate the help. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
How long did it take to get, I saw some people that have waited up to 4 months.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
How did you like the chip? Have heard it helps mid-range a lot.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I got mine through Facebook. It took about 1 1/2 weeks.

Reactions: dmatson

·
Registered
2002 K1200LTC 2017 R1200GS
64 Posts
Has anyone tried to order a chip from John lately? I tried through eBay and it never came. He said he was having health issues. I finally gave up and asked for my money back. He refunded the $99. I would really like to give this chip a try, but I get no reply from him. Anyone have one they want to sell?

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,989 Posts
Has anyone tried to order a chip from John lately? I tried through eBay and it never came. He said he was having health issues. I finally gave up and asked for my money back. He refunded the $99. I would really like to give this chip a try, but I get no reply from him. Anyone have one they want to sell?
I haven't received the one I paid for in January yet. Maybe I should ask for a refund also.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I took a couple of months but I got it.
If you’re not in a hurry wait for him. He was having health issues and troubles getting to making the chips. But I got it.
He even threw an extra R1150 chip along with my K1200LT chip.

Haven’t gotten around to install it yet.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I waited two weeks after John said it was ready to ship and still never received tracking info or the chip. I just gave up. Not sure I want to risk $99 ordering off his facebook page. At least with eBay I had some guarantee. If I could at least get him to reply to my eBay messages I would try again, but I get nothing. Maybe he is mad at me for asking for my money back. I did not want to be without my bike for months. The install is not an evenings job.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just a little more perspective
I ordered mine through Ebay from John and it showed up a little late, but it arrived.
There were some complications with regard to which computer I had, but I worked though it.
Just my .02

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well, I popped for $80 Euros and ordered a chip from John via his email. He has been very responsive. Hope I see the chip before to long. The weather is get perfect for riding.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
I have also ordered one from John for my 2006 K1200LT Hannigan Trike on May 28th. He got back to me right away when I inquired about ordering one. Hopefully it won't take too long to receive.......

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have also ordered one from John for my 2006 K1200LT Hannigan Trike on May 28th. He got back to me right away when I inquired about ordering one. Hopefully it won't take too long to receive.......
Depends on what you call to long. I ordered on May 28th and still no chip.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts