BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
I had one and on long trips I alternated between that and an Alaskan sheepskin. I stopped to take a break at an eatery and someone decided that they needed it more than me. I hope that they are allergic to the gel and that their butt turns inside out. They are so nice that people steal them. I really liked mine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,273 Posts
I bought one and love it! A recent trip to Big Bend was the ultimate test. About 700 miles each way plus about 200 local miles. After riding the same bike for 10 years, a huge improvement.

The only downside could be that it adds almost an inch of heights. For me that is great, for some other that may be a real problem. Ordered the ORTHO-DELUXE for $124.95
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
c00k1e said:
Try cycling shorts underwear. Built in gel and no one can steal them.
What if you WANT them to be stolen?!?!? :rotf: :histerica !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,208 Posts
razman10 said:
What if you WANT them to be stolen?!?!? :rotf: :histerica !
That's another forum Ray! :wave

Gel pads are nice just don't leave them out in the sun or you'll experience a different kind of sunburn.

On the flip side, when its hot and we're traveling
I'll sometimes put my gel pad in the cooler for 20-30 minutes,
that keeps my ass "happy" for another hour.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
Wolfgang said:
I bought one and love it! A recent trip to Big Bend was the ultimate test. About 700 miles each way plus about 200 local miles. After riding the same bike for 10 years, a huge improvement.

The only downside could be that it adds almost an inch of heights. For me that is great, for some other that may be a real problem. Ordered the ORTHO-DELUXE for $124.95
Which one did/do you get for the passenger seat? The 'buddy' looks too small. I was looking at these well. Does the cover come off easily for cleaning and such? How is it in the heat?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,098 Posts
I have two an Ortho Delux and a medium I beleive. Both as new, and I mean as new. If anyone is interested in trying one cheap let me know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
622 Posts
Lee,

Would that fit an F650, you think? If so, what do you want? PM.

Thanks
Norwood
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
razman10 said:
What if you WANT them to be stolen?!?!? :rotf: :histerica !
Lost it there... (well, my laptop needed to be cleaned. Lucky it was just water.)

I've used (and still using) one of these. Took a 6000 mile trip with one. My rear was very thankful.

I use the Ortho Deluxe for the front. Have a "Large" for the passenger seat (but that sitting area doesn't seem to require the gel pad - according to the spouse). Seems to stay put without any help (non-skid surface). Can be adjusted a little while underway (probably not a safe thing to do).

Think I would much rather prefer a custom seat - but they cost more and I'm not sure which seat would be correct. Until then, I'll use the gel pad. Plus the pad can be moved to other bikes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,273 Posts
justincase said:
Which one did/do you get for the passenger seat? The 'buddy' looks too small. I was looking at these well. Does the cover come off easily for cleaning and such? How is it in the heat?
Sorry, I can't answer that because I don't have a passenger right now... :( Maybe you can fix me up with one and I let you know what size fits her butt.. :rotf:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
LAF said:
I have two an Ortho Delux and a medium I beleive. Both as new, and I mean as new. If anyone is interested in trying one cheap let me know.

Send me a pm about the Ortho Delux (color, sheepskin or neoprin, price you're asking).

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
I'll take 50 bucks for this one. dont know much about it because it came with the bike. It is gel, and has a sheepskin cover? I'll also ship it. it has a small tear, about 1/4" in the underside. Can not be seen on the bike.

I just purchased a new seat. :)
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
I interested. Seat killing me, but hate to send it off during riding season for a new one. If gel gets me through summer that would be a good deal. I'll take it if someone else not on list first. Thanks.
 

·
Enjoy The Ride
Joined
·
3,969 Posts
I use the Air Rider brand. I think I paid about $130 for it last aug. Now its no problem riding for a full tank of fuel. I've not noticed any problem when it's hot and sunny but it isn't worth a darn below freezing.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top