BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw an article about a month ago (darned if I can remember where) advertising Black & Yellow summer Gel motorcycle gloves. Did a google search with no luck. Anyone remember seeing such an add... or maybe it was a sales add in a magazine?!>? CRS I guess (that over 50 syndrome!!).

·
Registered
719 Posts
i bought a pair of fingerless gloves from sears all cloth with a leather insert on the palm...if they last one summer im happy they were only $8.00

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Ron -

Do you have the prices? Didn't see them on their website.

Nothing like a good "dual-purpose" glove!!

Also - wanted to say thanks for all the info you provided on the melting points of the various riding suit materials - very helpful!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys!!

Great info - Jeff, they were Olympia 711's thats the one!! Many thanks for all the help and info. Now if I can only remember which dealer had the add?

Ron - those GSA's look very interesting. Not sure if they are summer weight but sure look tough (read durable). Thanks.

·
Registered
467 Posts
ksailor said:
they were Olympia 711's thats the one!!
Same ones I bought last week. Great gloves, but......................... Rode in rain today and now my hands are black.............And it won't wash out............

YMMV

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Ted said:
Ron -

Do you have the prices? Didn't see them on their website.

Nothing like a good "dual-purpose" glove!!

Also - wanted to say thanks for all the info you provided on the melting points of the various riding suit materials - very helpful!
They're pretty much military sales only - but I'm in contact with them to get civillian pricing. I may just take a run up the road to meet with them in person - they're some of the best designed gloves I've ever seen... really like the use of different materials like the digitally textured leather, nomex and kevlar. The wide velcro raps around the wrist are stout too...

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by Dman
Same ones I bought last week. Great gloves, but......................... Rode in rain today and now my hands are black.............And it won't wash out............
Thanks Duane, I may change my mind and go with AVG Mesh Tex. I had a case of the blackhand years ago. Not much fun in restaurants... got lots of funny looks. :D

Guess I'm still in the market.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
grahamw said:
Ron
like the look of these gloves and would be interested in a pair. What is your opinion of
http://www.gemplers.com/a/shop/product.asp?T1=KVR1-JUM&UID=200608071420252187612231

I know they would need a wrist strap.
Besides the obvious need for a very stout wrist strap to keep them from coming off in slide, the other problem is that raw Kevlar degrades rapidly in direct sunlight.

In applications where Kevlar is used outdoors it is always under a protective cover...usually polyester.

I've got a pair of the BMW summer gloves - they're not all that great for the money - I would not buy them again. Just a simple gray leather glove with a breathable mesh fabric on the back. They do look nice however.

I ordered a pair of the Hi Tech Impact II CT gloves an hour ago - they look promising and I should have them in a couple of days. The body of the glove is a spandex material so they should be pretty breathable!

The hunt for the perfect motorcycle glove goes on... ;)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Tour Master Cortech GX Air Glove

Anybody using these? I bought a pair at Americade and they are comfortable for summer wear. Any opinions on durability? I also had the black die the first couple of times I wore them on hot days and was sweating, but that seems to have taken care of itself now.

http://www.premiercycleproducts.com/tmgxairglove.html

I want to buy a set of mesh/summer type gloves for my son and was planning on buying another set of these when I read this so figured I would ask opinions before purchasing.

Chuck, hope I'm not stealing your thread, but since you are on the hunt maybe these will work for you.

Randy

·
Registered
350 Posts
ksailor said:
Saw an article about a month ago (darned if I can remember where) advertising Black & Yellow summer Gel motorcycle gloves. Did a google search with no luck. Anyone remember seeing such an add... or maybe it was a sales add in a magazine?!>? CRS I guess (that over 50 syndrome!!).
Chuck,

I am a fan of Olympia gloves. I have both the:
734 Digital Protector
757 Airforce Fingerless Gel

The gel in the palms is pretty good and both allow good airflow.

Tim

·
Registered
63 Posts
Gloves leeching black dye

Dman said:

YMMV
I've found in the past that Goop or the like available in auto parts stores will take the dye off your hands pretty quickly!

Definitely beats trying to scrub for the umptienth time...or getting the funny looks....well, the wife still gives me those anyway, but.....

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Here's an interesting "summer" glove that is lacking only two things for motorcycle use: a kevlar lining on the outside of the palm and a thin piece of high density visco elastic foam covering the palm for vibration absorbtion. I'm talking to the manufacturer about adding both...;)

Attachments

·
IBR# 366
16,592 Posts
I'm using the GX Air gloves. They're pretty good, comfortable, and do flow lots of air. The wrist closure could be better, as gloves big enough to fit my palms tend to pull off even with the velcro closed. Otherwise I'm happy with them.

I used to have a great set of Held gloves. They were uninsulated leather, with dual layers where it counts. Real comfortable, and great for daily riding except in extreme heat or cold. I'd still be wearing them except that they were stolen in Paris. Wish I could find another pair.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts