BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My current insurance company keeps jacking up our rates and I'm thinking of moving on. I did an online quote with Geico and the rates look really good (compared to what I have now). Anyone have any experience with Geico? Good? Bad?

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I left too for the same reason and went to Progressive!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Started off with Foremost then went to Riders, left both for the same reason when they jacked me up on the rate on the second bike I have (07 VFR800) to amost 1000.00. More than double what it had been the previous year with Riders. Went to Geico and was close to what I had been paying before the others raised the rates. Will stay with them unless they do the same. So far good deal and cheapest rates I could find.

If I only had my LT I would have stayed with Foremost as I know they pay off rather quickly when there is an issue. Rate on just the LT was fair with discounts.

·
Registered
542 Posts
If you are a USAA member, Progressive has some attractive quotes, as they are the motorcycle insurance agent for USAA. When I compared them with Geico, they were about 20% less, but again, you need to be a USAA member

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I had Foremost for years... and years... Great pricing, but this year they jacked up the rate ('13 GTL) from $535 to $737!

Geico quoted $455, so I went with that...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Never had Geico. Had Progressive when I had a Harley until they kept jacking up rates every year. Then went to Formost. They were great until I bought my GTL, then the rates went up after the first year from $385 to$588. Never had a ticket or wreck. I ended up with Dairyland. Had them over two years with no rate increase . They have been $325 so I'll stay there for now.
Tom

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Just looked AT my Progressive Policy

'09 RT
Paying $264.00 with Progressive per year

250/500/100 Liability
250/500 uninsured motorist
$5K Accessories

$100 Ded. Comp
$1,000 Ded. Collision.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So those with Geico............have you had any claims? How were they handled?

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Progressive has good rates IF you have a good credit rating. Be very careful with the insurance you pick. Some companies sneak in a daily mileage cap.

Geico 500 Mile Daily Limit?

???

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Progressive has good rates IF you have a good credit rating. Be very careful with the insurance you pick. Some companies sneak in a daily mileage cap.

Geico 500 Mile Daily Limit?

???
I read through my policy, and don't see that (a specific limit) anywhere. I do have an annual estimate of 15,000 miles. I would just never "admit" to participating in a "contest" that requires riding more than 500 miles in a day!

Reactions: mwnahas

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I have been a GEICO customer for over 42 years, starting with cars when I got out of the Army. Their claims procedures are fast and efficient, and mostly I used claims for glass breakage due to rocks in the windscreens. About a year ago, I had a couple of mechanical breakdowns on my BMW X5 diesel which totaled about $3000 with a 250.00 deductible and these were handled fast and efficiently also. Getting a 2/3 decrease in premium was really great news !

All that said, for the past few years I noticed large increases which I attributed to the BMW SUV's and high limits we were insuring, the X5 and a couple of X3's leased by my wife. Net result of all this was I got a renewal billing of $3200 for a SIX MONTH POLICY !. That pissed me off royally, and I called for an explanation, which was not forthcoming given a clean record and no accidents, so I took a look at USAA being a veteran, and they quoted me a $1200 for slightly better coverage, so I signed up.

For those of you who are not familiar with USAA, it requires either you or someone related to you to be a veteran. When I first signed on with GEICO, USAA would only take officers or retired officers, but that policy has changed, so check it out.

I still have the GEICO motorcycle insurance which is reasonable on the RT, but I believe that USAA/Progressive will get the motorcycle next renewal after I check on a couple of unanswered questions from Progressive.

Lately I have been getting "Please come back to us" junk mail from GEICO, but guess what ? The Lizard has insured my last automobile, and probably will lose the motorcycle insurance as well. :mad:

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have Geico, it's the only one I've used in about 8 years. My wife totaled her RT three years ago, they paid me off in no time, no questions about anything, and paid me more than I had paid for the bike, I was very pleased with the service. Wife is in great shape too!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts