BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Hope you can help, got a knock on my 04 LT, looked like only fairing damage on right side. Drove it to see how it felt and discovered that I had only 4, 5th gear, wouldnt go onto anything else, there is times where it will, higher revs etc, but not always. When on stand it seems to go thru gears ok, any ideas

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Hi all,
Hope you can help, got a knock on my 04 LT, looked like only fairing damage on right side. Drove it to see how it felt and discovered that I had only 4, 5th gear, wouldnt go onto anything else, there is times where it will, higher revs etc, but not always. When on stand it seems to go thru gears ok, any ideas
Well, to start with, I would pull what left side Tupperware is required and also the shifter plate and do a good inspection on the shift linkages. Something could have been bent or damaged or is now lose and you may not be getting the proper movement to properly change gears.

Make sure the bolt on the bellcrank is tight as play there will affect how much movement is transferred through the shift linkage.

Gordon

·
Registered
847 Posts
You do not have to pull Tupper off just take the left shifter plate off and you get at ball joints
Their is a little clip that you pop off turn clip just little bite and pull straight out

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,899 Posts
It is pretty hard to damage the transmission from a knock with out busting the case. I would believe the linkage needs a look. This link should help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts