BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gear indicator hasn't worked since I bought the bike and I can't say that it bothers me greatly, I usually know what gear I'm in but a funny thing happened the other day.
I had the bike up on the centre stand and I had the engine running and I ran it up through the gears. I suddenly noticed that I had 6 gears, or at least that's what the indicator was saying.
I've never seen it do that before. Were these indicator switches used on other bikes? It made me wonder if the main reason it hasn't been working is because it's just not engaged properly.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,940 Posts
Yes it is used on the K1200 RS which has a 6th gear. Here is what it is made of:

If the ground is dirty the thing will not work very well. The ground is the center part and the little side piece is the neutral indicator switch. You can see by the diagram that if A and B are not grounded but C is you get 6th gear and so on.

Attachments

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankyou for the response and posting those helpful pictures. I will see if I can check that out. It would be nice to get it going properly again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts