BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Hi Bob, I've put a couple of videos up on YouTube under cws127.
And nil_time from Victoria has posted a few also, not sure of his YT name, but have a look in here and you'll find a thread on it somewhere.
I videod a lot when doing a trip around Oz, a bit like your 4-corners ride, but never got around to editing it... Maybe when I get to retire.... ;)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hi Bob, I've put a couple of videos up on YouTube under cws127.
And nil_time from Victoria has posted a few also, not sure of his YT name, but have a look in here and you'll find a thread on it somewhere.
I videod a lot when doing a trip around Oz, a bit like your 4-corners ride, but never got around to editing it... Maybe when I get to retire.... ;)
Thanks. I'll check it out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well its been a week know of riding the LT the only prob i can think so far is having to stop. Big difference to the 109 however loads better, the 109 was fun, but for what I wanted, and the riding I do this brings a grin from ear to ear, in saying that so does my 1200 gsa, which has its nose out of joint at the moment ( Might get them to mate and see what type of pups they produce)any way going to take it for a 4 dayer in about 2 weeks hopefully bump into a few others along the way, and get a few pic
cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
G'day fellow Aussie's,

Live in the Newcastle Region and brought a 2002 R1150RT last August (2016), my first BMW, been wanting a R1150RT since 2006, but could never afford one.

I do a 360klm round trip twice a week to Western Sydney for work on the RT, so a Intercom hooked up to the RT's on-board AM/FM Radio was one of the first things to be installed, surprising just how fast 180klm seems to go runing up and down the M1 while listening to radio stations.

Must say, the RT has not been a let down so far . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
G'day Grant... bit quiet around here these days, but nice to see a +1 on the population.
Seems to be more local chatter on I-BMW where there's an Aussie section too... but there's lots or RT riders here on this site so good bike info.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,425 Posts
Chris,

Did you put a Michelin PR4GT on the front of your LT? I was thinking it was you that did that. How has it worked out?

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Chris,
Did you put a Michelin PR4GT on the front of your LT? I was thinking it was you that did that. How has it worked out?
I did John, put some notes on it in this thread which you had seen before..
http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/tires/160297-pr4-gt-front-lt.html
The bike's been parked pretty much since then due to house renovations, but took it for a quick spin a few weeks back and it still felt great in the front.
Very happy with the PR4's on both bikes... just wish they made a rear for the LT too! ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bump . . .

Been a while since I've posted on here, or anyone for that fact.

Been a thew changes in my life which has seen me return to the Sydney Region :-(. My R1150RT has also seen some changes too, with me getting back to my grass roots, my RT is now all marked up as a 'Medic bike', ride in Medical Support for Motorcycle Group & Charity Ride around Sydney and do the odd Motorcycle Marshal task for road cycling events.

Still love the RT, so much I purchased a 2nd set of Pannier's that don't have MEDIC plastered on the side, to allow me to get out and about without the need to carry my Medic gear all the time.

Grant

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
Looks very quiet in here, but I'll post a local Aussie question.
As we slowly merge out of the festive season (happy holidays everyone), I'd like to order a number of maintenance consumables for my 2015 R1200RT.
For many years, I've ordered a combination of OEM and aftermarket sump plug seals, filters, sparkplugs ect.
While I can purchased OEM parts and consumables from dealers in Melbourne, are there any preferred online BM suppliers in Aus for these items?

Cheers
Mark

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Looks very quiet in here, but I'll post a local Aussie question.
As we slowly merge out of the festive season (happy holidays everyone), I'd like to order a number of maintenance consumables for my 2015 R1200RT.
For many years, I've ordered a combination of OEM and aftermarket sump plug seals, filters, sparkplugs ect.
While I can purchased OEM parts and consumables from dealers in Melbourne, are there any preferred online BM suppliers in Aus for these items?

Cheers
Mark
G'day Mark.
Seasons greetings!
I normally order all my service stuff from the US, mainly BeemerBoneyard, as I have never found a less-pricey place in Oz.
Tends to work out cheaper, even with exchange rates and shipping, or at least it used to.
There's also a 10% discount code you can use, something like "adventure"... not too hard to find with a search.
Anyway, if you find somewhere else, post it up so we all know!
Cheers

61 - 71 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.