BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
G'day (or as the Kiwis say, Kio ora) and welcome to the Australasian forum, a place for Australians, New Zealanders and others from the Asia pacific region to share stories, experiences, ideas and riding tips... (and it goes without saying that all others are more than welcome to join in to discussions...especially if you are thinking of visiting us downunder)

If you are a new member, please take a moment to complete your bio and read the board rules to ensure that this place remains a safe and enjoyable one for all...and I encourage you to promote this site to other Australasian riders...

Cheers and all the best,

·
Registered
109 Posts
Help!!

Onions

G'day - this is a try to see if it's me or the list, how are the other Aus members going with the list.

I'm subbed ok but cannot work out how to get the various digests I prefer. Nothing I try seerms to work.

My server tells me there is nothing wong down here and the list admins say the same thing.

Any ideas greatly received.

Cheers
Nils
Tassie

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
G'day Nils,
Great to hear from you!

What exactly is the problem that you are having and we can see if we can work it out. I haven't heard of anyone else having problems... Drop me a PM if you like describing the issues and we'll take it from there mate,

Ian

·
Registered
109 Posts
Help

Thanks Ian

Glad to know there's someone out there!!

Dunno what's wrong but I've subbed on several times and I thought I'd selected the threads (forums?) I wanted.

Need to do this in digest mode as I'm on a slow dialup and only download once a day.

Anyway. To keep it simple.

I'm subbed to the list ok and did get your reply obviously so now - how do I get to digests ?

The list site shows nothing selected but I thought I'd done this a couple of times.

Any info gratefully received.

Nheers
Nils
Tassie

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nils,
Two ways of subscribing that I know of. One being to open the forum that you wish to subscribe to and under the menu 'forum tools' at the top, select 'subscribe'. The other method that I am aware of (but haven't used) is via the User CP (control panel) subscribe to the forums. This second method you have to type the name of the forum...much easier IMHO to enter the forum and use the tools there...

As for 'digests'...I must be having one of my blonde moments as I'm not sure what exactly you mean by such...

Cheers,

ian

·
Registered
342 Posts
As for 'digests'...I must be having one of my blonde moments as I'm not sure what exactly you mean by such...

Cheers,

ian

tut tut Ian,......all those peroxide riders out there are now gonna feel ..errrrr sorta "highlighted"...(ugh...sorry for the pun).

The digets mode (digets mode??, ....getting my "fingers" (aggghhhh another pun) all crossed up here hehehehehe should be "digest mode") was a feature offered on the original server whereby a single file, compiled of all new emails would be auto sent to those subscribed to the digest mode....it saved logging on logging off throughout the day to catch up on news etc etc...

Beryl hopefully should be back on the operating table this week....getting her head sewn back on....that wet stuff is falling from the sky again this year....hopefully should all be finished for the year by later on this week......

Heyyyyyyyyyy you got that silly Victorian donkey race on today huh?? what a way to get a public holiday.............

cheers

Phill

78XS1100E "The Tardis" (ret)
99K1200LT "Beryl Beemer"

·
Registered
109 Posts
Help

Ian & Phill

Digests are the consolidated emails. Sent off as one email about 10 miles long but much more convenient for us dialups and it contains all the letters on whichever forum you select.

Ian -Thanks - I'll try your suggestion next time online - thanks for the help and I'll let you know how it goes. You going on the next Safari in April?

Phill - Ok so what was the problem - I tried several time but my emails to you bounce.

Cheers
Nils

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
"Heyyyyyyyyyy you got that silly Victorian donkey race on today huh?? what a way to get a public holiday............."

very cruel, Phil... but damn funny ;-)

·
Registered
30 Posts
G'day all

Hi from Coffs Harbour (gods country) :)

Anyway I only just discovered that we have our own 'Australia' Section on this great website. There are so many areas to choose from for information. When I registered earlier this week I didn't realise we had our own section. No matter.
I got a warm welcome when I posted a query 'Cornering Techniques - where has it gone' in the 'BIKE TALK' Forum which I thought I'd discovered while browsing this site, albeit, as it turned out, was actually another BMW site. The topic generated a bit of interest by other members and I eventually relocated the thread and posted a link to it in my thread. Some very interesting pointers. Always trying to improve to be a better rider.
I also like the fact that there is a photography forum seeing I am interested in doing ride footage on video although it seems there hasn't been much of a response there yet.
Can anyone tell me if anyone bothers to use the 'Chat' room feature available on the site? if so what times do ppl usually go in there mingle ?

the 'RT Series' forum with 'Show us your scoot'

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Hi Ross.
Looked into the chat area once or twice, but no-one online. Best thing to do is post under the Aus section for local stuff, or the main forum for general questions. Lots and lots of good info, much of it hidden in past posts, but the search function is very useful. Also check out the FAQ & Hall of Wisdom before asking, you'll probably find answers are there already in a lot of cases.
regards

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey Chris CWS

Yep know how it works m8 did all that before I did post for as you say sometimes they get buried under all the other info that gets posted.
A site I found was really good especially for posting great rides or simply as a navigating tool to plan a trip or ride is www.motowhere.com
Being in the Ulysses club where we have rides every 2nd week it can be invaluable for when you head off to the AGM or merely see what other branches recommend in their areas as good rides if you happen to pass through that area.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Great link! thanks, didn't know about that one. Will have to study it a bit.
cheers

·
Registered
30 Posts
No worries Chris

Just noticed that you are a ulyssian in signatory I am 'the mule' on the ulysses site. Did you happen to get to Coffs this year for the AGM ?
On motowhere there are a couple of routes created by me alias 'the mule'.
One hates having Waterfall Way up to Dorrigo or the Armidale to Grafton Rd through Nymboida to play on. :p :D

·
Registered
3,226 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Cool thanks for the link Chris in such a big world it always amazes me just how close knit we can be. Will have to read the pages on that link and see if I have already met any of this crowd as I was one organised the forum users dinner at Coffs ended up with over 130, quite a few not having met anyone online in person so was a great success aside from huge spread of food on the night.

·
Registered
196 Posts
G'day Mule and welcome to the site. Good to see another old fart on board :rotf:

·
Registered
7 Posts
G'day all,
just found and joined BMWLT and the Aussie forum ...... Lets see what you mob are like, any one from FNQ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome Bundy

I am as far south as you are north ( vic. ) but good to see you in the BMW club - when are you getting your LT? :dance:

John. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi John,
I have GT, would loved to have got an LT and would have if they had the same motor as GT.

Good to be back on a BMW, it's been too many years .......... all ready done return trip to Melbourne and will be passing through at least once this year.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts