BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting the planning process for a trip to Quebec City then onto the Gaspé Peninsula.

Would appreciate any recommendations for sights to see, places to stay and of course restaurants for lunch and/or dinner.

Current plans call for departure from NE Ohio in late June and then north. :bike:

I know July is the tourist high season so I'll make reservations ASAP. Other plans for the summer hindered an earlier departure but August is also an option. Late August to early September is also an option. My wife's 2nd grandchild is arriving late in September (Killeen TX) so we need to be home the middle of September.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just noticed this. I too am planning a trip to the Gaspe Peninsula and was hoping to find some useful information here but.alas, no one has replied. I ordered the travel brochure and it has some useful tidbits in it. I'm interested in what you have found out in your research and if you're willing to share. Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Great hotel and attached restaurant Cargo. It’s along the St Lawrence
Riôtel Matane‎, 250 Avenue du Phare E, Matane, Quebec G4W 3N4, Canada

Then enjoy the ride along the St Lawrence

Spend a day in Forillon National Park, 1238 Boul de Forillon, Gaspé, Quebec G4X 6T9, Canada.
And you have to see Fermette, Boulevard de Grande Greve, Gaspé, Quebec G4X 6L7, Canada

Next visit Percé, QC, Canada

There is so much to see that I haven’t listed, but this gives you a great clockwise trip

·
Premium Member
2,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just noticed this. I too am planning a trip to the Gaspe Peninsula and was hoping to find some useful information here but.alas, no one has replied. I ordered the travel brochure and it has some useful tidbits in it. I'm interested in what you have found out in your research and if you're willing to share. Thanks.
Finius,
Attached is an article that I wrote for our Club's quarterly newsletter.
If you would like more info, send me a PM

Attachments

Reactions: mtrevelino

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks. Just got home from traveling a bit and finally check in on the site. Good write-up, Saint Paul. I have been to Bar Harbor and the Jordan Pond House restaurant and my mouth started watering reading about the popovers. I plan on crossing into PEI on the trip. Any restaurant or must see recommendations?

Thanks for the input T-Foiler. I'll check those out.

·
Premium Member
2,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks. Just got home from traveling a bit and finally check in on the site. Good write-up, Saint Paul. I have been to Bar Harbor and the Jordan Pond House restaurant and my mouth started watering reading about the popovers. I plan on crossing into PEI on the trip. Any restaurant or must see recommendations?

Thanks for the input T-Foiler. I'll check those out.
Regarding PEI . . .
Unless you are camping, PEI is expensive. We decided to stay in Summerside rather than the larger city of Charlottetown due to the cost of hotels. PEI is mostly agricultural and a fishing mecca. Not much else to see unless you do more research. https://www.tourismpei.com/pei-things-to-do
We rode there primarily to sample the mussels. :grin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts