Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Coop is a complete wack job

Votes: 8 26.7%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone want to join me in a group buy of gas for our precious BMW's.
Be ready for summer travel!
June 2010 closed at $3.3318 today on the MYMEX. This is before tax delivered to NYC. We have two years to work out the details.
42,000 gallons US!

Norris Cooper Andover Kansas USA
06 K1200GT
93 K1100RS

·
Registered
637 Posts
I think it is a good deal.
The predictions is now that the fuel will get twice as exspencive but then return some. We would be very lucky if we have same price as we have today.

PS! I live in the Oil Capitol of my country and there is lots of high level debates on the prices.

·
Registered
637 Posts
The predictions is now that the fuel will getup to 180-190 a barrel but then return some. We would be very lucky if we have same price as we have today.

PS! I live in the Oil Capitol of my country and there is lots of high level debates on the prices.

·
Registered
13,451 Posts
When it does get twice as expensive there will be some benefits. How will youngsters afford gas? That will take a bit of the inexperienced off the road at times. The uninsured, unlicensed, illegal alien won't be able to afford to drive as much. The alcoholics and drugs addicts will have to choose between their flavor of poisoning or fuel. More folks will take the bus (not an option here). The roads will get less wear and tear. Maybe, just maybe, more folks will ride their bikes.

And here's the biggest hope, mayhaps our legislators will make it more friendly for us bikers on the road, lane splitting for one. But, I'm not holding my breath on our legislators doing anything intelligent, though.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Cooler on the east coast!!!
1,243 Posts
grifscoots said:
And here's the biggest hope, mayhaps our legislators will make it more friendly for us bikers on the road, lane splitting for one. But, I'm not holding my breath on our legislators doing anything intelligent, though.
Legislators doing something intelligent now that is just down right funny :histerica

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Re: Gasoline group buy for June 2010
The predictions is now that the fuel will get twice as exspencive but then return some. We would be very lucky if we have same price as we have today.

paalao said:
The predictions is now that the fuel will getup to 180-190 a barrel but then return some. We would be very lucky if we have same price as we have today.

You can say that again... Oh, wait! You just did! :D

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
grifscoots said:
I still don't get why lane splitting isn't legal in all states.:confused: Virtually all countries in the world allow it.
Perhaps the AMA should focus in more on lobbying for this rather than trying to keep the "freedom" to ride without a helmet. I am just sayin' :deadhorse

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
messenger13 said:
Could someone 'splain the details of this thread to this moron. :eek:
Joe,
I am just trying to make a point. If you think the price of gas or most any commodity is over valued you can buy it way out in the future by using a long position. Short position if you think it is under valued.

That probably didn't help much!

Example: On the gas price poll 84% of those responding think the price of gas will be higher in two years than today. They can purchase a futures contract for two years out at $3.33 (before tax and transportation) the profit goes toward your purchase of gas in two years. You can also loose money, big time, but you make it up when you purchase cheaper gas.
I use cattle hedges (short selling in my case) as a way to lock in a price for the cattle I purchase now which will come to market in December. If I can't lock in a profit I usually don't buy the cattle.

Now if you really want to screw with your mind learn about puts and calls and the options market.

It isn't easy being a cowboy anymore! Now you understand why I am wacko!

Norris Cooper Andover Kansas USA
06 K1200GT
93 K1100RS

·
Registered
154 Posts
You can all sit back and relax about your gas prices. Here in Europe, gas prices are worse. Comparison: our gas (in the Netherlands) will set you back 1.60 euros for a liter, which boils down to 11.30 dollars for a gallon. That's our greedy government trying to steal our money. So be happy with 3.30 for a gallon...

·
Registered
635 Posts
Re: Diesel and crack

norriscooper said:
Nick,
Ok, we will fix you right up with 42,000 gallons.
June 2010 diesel $4.0015.

The one that really captures my attention is the Crack Spread futures and options?
http://www.nymex.com/crack_spread_overvi.aspx

Norris
I'll have to get back to you on that, I can't figure where I'd put 153 275gal fuel tanks. I don't think my basement is big enough!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
SurfMan said:
That's our greedy government trying to steal our money. So be happy with 3.30 for a gallon...
It all comes out in the wash. You don't pay for health insuance and other "social" things so your Govt. taxes you more. We don't have high govt taxes on gas and such but we do pay for everything out of pocket.

·
THE Democracy Doctor
5,694 Posts
SurfMan said:
....That's our greedy government trying to steal our money. So be happy with 3.30 for a gallon...
So more taxation is not the answer to all fiscal questions? :confused:
Morley said:
....You don't pay for health insuance and other "social" things so your Govt. taxes you more.....
Ahhhhh yes, I see. Just like we don't have to pay for "free" public education and health care. OK, so more taxation is the answer, after all! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
jayjacobson said:
Ahhhhh yes, I see. Just like we don't have to pay for "free" public education and health care. OK, so more taxation is the answer, after all! :rolleyes:
WTF are you on? I don't know about you but I pay for the "free" public educational system...its called, ta-td..School Tax and what about all of those medicare taxes they with hold from my pay?
I think you missed the boat, catch the next one on the return trip.

·
THE Democracy Doctor
5,694 Posts
Morley said:
WTF are you on? I don't know about you but I pay for the "free" public educational system...its called, ta-td..School Tax and what about all of those medicare taxes they with hold from my pay?
I think you missed the boat, catch the next one on the return trip.
STOP THE PRESSES! HOLD ON HERE! TIME OUT! So you're saying that all those "FREE" big government programs are NOT REALLY FREE?! WTF?! :confused:

Oh I see where this is going....next you'll be telling me that all those poor people, who just happen to be illegal, are costing us BILLIONS annually by accessing all our "FREE" social services. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts