BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just re-installed my gas tank and got all the left side fuel host connected back including the two fuel pump electrical interface controller and connectors.

All was good until I looked at the right side of the gas tank and found a black host that needs to connect to "someting" ....that I cound not find where it goes....help...

Would anyone who had taken their gas tank remember where this host, that seems to origiante from some "round cylindrical" device on the right side connect to? pictures attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found it....darn thing is some sort of evaporative fuel line/hose to the fuel cannister...have to removed the gas tank again...now I am going to mask-tape the hose so it will stay in place when I reinstall the gas tank...

DC

·
Registered
158 Posts
That is one of two vent lines, the other one attaching to the tank next to the two electrical connections. Just be careful that you don't pinch the vent lines. I make sure after I install the tank that the gas lines and vent line are free moving and not in any sort of bind. I attach that right side vent hose to the top of the tank with a piece of tape so it's out of the way when installing the tank. Also when you install the hoses on the left side of tank make sure that they are not crossed. They should line up and re-attach to the tank easily.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response...I supposed I should have ridden the bike until the fuel tank was empty…but never got around to doing it and so I ended up close to full tank and lugging the gas tank in and out of the RT was pretty “heavy.

DC

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yeah, I know what you mean. I also try to run it as close to empty as possible but in the winter time (at least around here) that's hard to do. I had the tank off last week and it's probably about 3/4" full. When it's full like that it's much easier with two people but those extra hands are never around when I need them. Go figure!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts