BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently did some routine maint. on my LT and my gas mileage has gone UP. Before I was getting about 52 MPG. The last three checks have been in the 57 MPG range. All mileage figured using the old trip odometer, fill tank (up into the filler neck), get out calculator and let it do the math method. (161 miles, 2.8 gals. = 57.5 MPG)

I put on new tires, and changed the transmission and rear drive to synthetic lube. Would that be enough to cause that jump? (I suspect the new tires have as much to with it as anything?)

·
Registered
558 Posts
If you changed tire brands some of the jump could be from that. My LT with the Marathons is about 3.5% fast on miles. With the Dunlop 205's it was only 2% fast. That still wouldn't count for all of it. Maybe the synthetic is much better. If that is the case maybe everyone should make the switch.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same brand of tires (Marathon). I'm riding a known course commutting to and from work, so the mileage is the same, filling up at the same station every morning. I'll have to keep an eye on it. Probably means something expensive is getting ready to break. :bmw:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts