BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE TO EVERYONE, I filled by 99lt with gas added fuel stabilizer,and put it in garage. After a few days checked on my bike, it was leaking gas out on the right side near the center stand. We got a warm day here, I removed the plastic, put in about 1.5 gal of gas, to look for leak, guess what, no leak. Do the quick disconnects leak on and off, what do you guys think I should look for next, THANKS FOR A GREAT FORUM

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Could be you spilled some? Some gas was in the overflow tube? Are you sure it was gas? Did you turn it on to pressurize the fuel system? Did you start it?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANKS MWNAHAS, Yes I started it , let it run for a few minutes. It has not leaked today, but I lost a full tank of gas sitting in garage, with gravel floor.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,138 Posts
I would open the QDs and check the o-rings, make sure you lube them with a little oil before hooking them back up. Replace them if they are flat in the cross section.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I'd check two things:
first, the quick disconnects.
second, any Harley riding friends lurking around with a siphon kit :rotf:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THANKS EVERYONE, I'll check the QDs and o rings tomorrow, my harley friend was riding today, so he is in the clear ha.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Hi Ernest,

I had the same problem this fall, gas leak on the right side, I assumed it was the quick disconnects so orderred replacements from Beemer Boneyard only to discover it was just a loose hose clamp on the fuel line that comes off the tank. Its pressurized so I guess it slowly seeped when the bike was running.

I replaced the hose clamps with injector fuel line clamps and problem solved. I'm still OK with the steel disconnects though, the plastic ones have a reputation for leaking.

r

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THANKS ITSPOSSIBLE, I checked the o rings today, they look good, next good day I'll fill her up, then I'll ride and watch. HAPPY NEW YEAR

1 - 8 of 8 Posts