BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started my 99 LT today and rode to the end of the driveway and left it running to put my jacket on. Noticed a liquid tripping from the bottom on the right side. It was running down the side of the engine from above the oil filler cap. I didn't think to smell it but assumed it was gas. Any thoughts, advice?

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,988 Posts
I keep a set of extra fuel quick disconnects from Bemmer boneyard in stock. I'm just north of you in Huntersville. Let me know If I can help.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,246 Posts
I would smell it since the 99s did not come with QDs. Of course a PO could have installed a set. Fuel is pretty noticable but it could be coolant.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
budzee said:
I started my 99 LT today and rode to the end of the driveway and left it running to put my jacket on. Noticed a liquid tripping from the bottom on the right side. It was running down the side of the engine from above the oil filler cap. I didn't think to smell it but assumed it was gas. Any thoughts, advice?
I believe your 1999LT will have plastic couplers (later models came with quick disconnects) joining the hoses together. Replace the couplers with the metal quick disconnects not the plastic BMW connectors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts