BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2001 k1200lt over the winter and had it out for the third time since I bought it, and about 20 miles into the ride I noticed gas spraying from under the bottom of the right hand side (under the gas tank). It looks pretty intimidating taking the plastic off just to look for the problem. Any thoughts or ideas as to what might be causing the leak? Cures? Fixes? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks... Steve

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
BeemerinBoyne said:
I bought a 2001 k1200lt over the winter and had it out for the third time since I bought it, and about 20 miles into the ride I noticed gas spraying from under the bottom of the right hand side (under the gas tank). It looks pretty intimidating taking the plastic off just to look for the problem. Any thoughts or ideas as to what might be causing the leak? Cures? Fixes? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks... Steve
Do a search on quick disconnects. One of yours is broken. Common problem. Most have been changed out to metal instead of the plastic OEM.

dan

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Like Dan said the plastic quick connects cracked or broke,
you can replace them with metal ones
or just get some brass hose connectors (double ended barbs) from an auto parts store.

I had it happen to me also.

Removing the tupperware may look intimidating but its easier than you think,

start with the tip over wings (screws are underneath) remove piece # 1+3 in the tip over bar pic.

remove the turn signal lens, the winglets and that piece just in front of your seat

Print the attached diagrams and use them to find and replace the screws.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts