BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 99 LT had sat on the center stand for approximately 3 months. Planning on taking a 2K trip later this week. Started the bike today and moved it out of the garage. I went to close the garage and left the bike running. When I came back (2 min) gas was dripping from the right side. I shut it off and looked but saw nothing but dripping gas. I started the bike and put it back in the garage. Let it run for about 5 mins. No more leaking. Bike has never had anything but pure or gas with treatment. Any ideas? I thinking of taking my 92 R100RT instead.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
got to be something to do with the quick disconnects or could also be the big nut holding the fuel pump in, sitting for that long a seal may have dried out then corrected itself but I wouldn't go anywhere on it till you remove the covers and inspect the connections and clamps etc.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
I agree with Axle. If your LT is one that still has the plastic quick disconnects, they crack so replace them with metal ones. You have to inspect them to know if you don't already. There is a dealer recall and if that has not been done yet to replace the male part of the QD if it is still plastic. Check with your dealer to see if they will honor that still and replace them at no charge. It also could be an issue with the QD o-rings or one of the clamps as mentioned. Not a good idea to ride till you know where it is coming from.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts