BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old Garmin Zumo 450 that I use occasionally. It's been ok, but the buttons are starting to fall off and the screen is only about 3.5 inches, so kind of dated.

I noticed Garmin has the Zumo 396 LMT-S on sale on their site for a price less than I paid for the old Zumo 450 about 11 years ago. I do not use GPS a lot, but hope to change that in the not too distant future. I have the Rever app for my phone, but it will discharge the phone if I leave the screen on even though it is plugged into the phone adapter on my 2013 R1200RT.

Anyone with experience with the Zumo 396? Worth getting or should I wait for whatever is next? I do not plan to upgrade to a 2021 RT with the TFT screen any time soon, but may consider it in a couple of years after all the Beta testers have worked the bugs out :)!

Thanks for any opinions!

·
Registered
2019 R1250RT LE
25 Posts
The current latest and greatest GPS (my opinion) is the Zumo XT. Great size screen and extremely bright in the sun. It’s approximately $150 more than the 396 model you are thinking about. Look up some reviews and some YouTube clips.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts